Duals strategy

texas23

I am not looking to take anything up with either coach. No disrespect is intended here either. It is just very unusual, in my opinion, to not go after a guy if you have a body and have a chance. The Soddy coach probably has an excellent reason for doing this. I just can not figure it out from what I see. He bumped the guy up to go 171 that had been on Gibson in the regular season match.

There is just no nice, politically correct way to say this, but here it is. If you do not go out and wrestle, then you know the out come.

I'll take a guess and say that Logsdon sends out a body in the same situation. Not an insult on Soddy, but that is how I believe it would have gone down if the tables were turned.

Soddy may not have had a body to put in there, I do not know the answer to that question or how deep their team is. I have heard on this board that they have excellent participation in their program which makes me believe that they should have someone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex,

I don't know what answer you are looking for. If you do not agree with ours the only other answer is he miscounted and thought the match was over and I really find that hard to believe.

For what it's worth.... the regular season results were;

160--Quinn Gibson (BC) pinned Brandon Thurman (SD), 1:38. Bradley leads, 6-0.

171--Bryant Blackmon (BC) pinned Matt Lettner (SD), 4:24. Bradley leads, 12-0.

189--Paul Campbell (SD) defeated Josh Cooper (BC), 9-5. Bradley leads, 12-3.

215--Drew Henderson (SD) pinned Matt Bailey (BC), 1:45. Bradley leads, 12-9.

275--Shawn Grady (BC) pinned Nick Shadrick (SD), 3:31. Bradley leads, 18-9.

103--Tanner Johnson (BC) defeated Jason McCroskey (SD), 11-9. Bradley leads, 21-9.

112--Black Tinsley (BC) pinned Jarriet Toney (SD), 3:09. . Bradley leads, 27-9.

119--Shawn Cordell (BC) defeated Ryan Fuller (SD), 4-2. Bradley leads, 30-9.

125--Kyle James (SD) won by major decision over Travis Creagan (BC), 19-6. Bradley leads, 30-13.

130--Jake West (BC) pinned Josh Howland (SD), 1:22. Bradley leads, 36-13.

135--John Lane (SD) won by technical fall over Ryan Ensminger (BC), 2:15. 18-3. Bradley leads, 36-18.

140--Jesse Baker (BC) defeated Tyler Ferris (SD), 9-5. Bradley clinched the match with its 39-18 lead.

145--Craig Potter (SD) pinned Matt Spain (BC), 2:41. Bradley leads, 39-24.

152--Justin Spain (BC) pinned Tyler Hicks (SD), 2:29. Bradley wins, 45-24.

Listen Bayou Bear,

I think it is pretty clear what I have asked. I have been extreamly polite in doing it as well.

I was wanting insight from any and all who want to offer it. Not some blind faith, the coach know best remark either. Any sheep can follow that line of thinking.

I never pretend to be stupid on here. I also don't try to kiss up to someone with a name of Coach in front of their last name either. I am asking if there is some strategy out there that makes any sense. Several have commented on the momentum thing and I considered it and made a response. Some have said a class act or gentleman move on the part of the Soddy coach, I don't buy that either, but it could be true.

I guess I was wondering, out loud, if it seemed to anyone else but little ole Texas23, that the white hanky was being waved. If someone came on here and said, no tex, there was an injury and they did not bring an alternate near that weight, then mystery is over.

McCallie could have thrown in the towel based on their last match, but even they had their guy go for it against large odds of losing.

Good grief Tex, you are beating a dead horse.

You have been polite and nobody called you stupid. Your question is valid and I tried to explain the facts as I know them.

Soddy had a jv on the bench that had weighed in at 160. Coach Henry did not send him out. If he was injured, it was never mentioned in any post match discussions. The wrestlers, coaches and fans from both teams co-mingled for 20 or so minutes waiting on the conclusion of the FR-MCC match. Soddy offered no excuses only congrats. If there was a reason other than what I posted before, I am pretty sure I would know. I will say that I'm not 100% sure and if I am wrong, I'm sure one of the Soddy coaches or fans will post the facts if they are other than what has been discussed here.

Okay BayouBear,

I have to say that you being a Bradley guy and standing around talking at the end of the match to people of the Soddy team gives me no comfort that you are the guy to defend the move or lack of move. Sorry, but I don't see it.

If you asked someone who coaches for the Soddy team, then share both the question you asked and the answer they gave. Otherwise, I appreciate your opinion on what you think may have been the reason for not sending someone out for the 160 match.

Now, still a little off the subject,,,,,but do you mind telling me if you ever wrestled before >?