BayouBear

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure we would be considered a Large school and I am not arguing this for my teams sake. We are building and going in the right direction. I just hate to hear people say "Get a Feeder program, have people raise money, build a wrestling room...etc." When they don't know the situation of some of these smaller schools.

Everyone knows that the road to a state championship is a long one...if it wasn't it wouldn't be sweet. However, some of these smaller schools look at this road and see it as a trans Atlantic venture. While many of the large schools know that it is within reach for them.

I know exactly what you mean, but I just think that it's too hard to come up with a fair system. CBHS might be the biggest school in D2, but they aren't on top. I know it's different there, but I think schools should realize that only time will produce good duals teams. It would be like the NIT is to the NCAA tournament. I just like the idea of having the best team on top. Of course, with private/public schools that's not possible, but I think it should be as close to that as possible.

Sure we would be considered a Large school and I am not arguing this for my teams sake. We are building and going in the right direction. I just hate to hear people say "Get a Feeder program, have people raise money, build a wrestling room...etc." When they don't know the situation of some of these smaller schools.

Everyone knows that the road to a state championship is a long one...if it wasn't it wouldn't be sweet. However, some of these smaller schools look at this road and see it as a trans Atlantic venture. While many of the large schools know that it is within reach for them.

Did the size of the school have anything with Angelo Giasanti's(sp?) state championship. That state championship meant a lot to Rutherford county and I hope to the school as well. Even Smyrna can make that claim yet, but when we do and we have a few others stay alive in the tournament we will break the top five.

Other than that, second place in the region for the duals should give all schools something to strive for, no matter the size.

It's how much do they ant it.

soms

You two crack me up.

Why can't a small school build a feeder program? Why can't they find a place to wrestle? Let's see,,,Boys Clubs, middle school gyms, old Armory, cafeteria...and many more options. Find a person who is willing to teach the kids and mentor them.

Stop saying it can not be done. I hear you cheer on another thread when Hamm tells the middle Tennessee wrestlers to stop saying they want to make it to state and to start saying they are going to bring home medals. I believe the quote was Amen Brother!

It takes years, yes a trans Atlantic trip, whatever. How else would it get done?

Thank you! If there is not enough excitement around the sport in a certain area, they will never have a successful program. It doesn't matter if you have 100 kids or 100,000. You have to build feeder programs and raise money. That's how all schools have to do it. We have about 2,000 students, and wrestling is one of the most successful sports at the school, but the team still has to practice in the cafeteria. But we have a great middle school program, which is coached by a college kid. He doesn't do it for the money. He loves the sport, because the coaches and fans have generated excitement around it. That's the key to a successful program.

Well, I assume Dbltech is the person who runs a kids club somewhere, that is what he said. He went off the deep end of the pool with some comments about he was the one to raise the money, get the cafeteria for wrestle space and stuff like that.

Then some diatribe about small schools vs. large schools and my post regarding that subject. Not sure what he meant, I went to the most recent post and could not figure out what the heck he was talking about.

Just as I was re-reading my post and getting ready to respond, his post disappeared.

All I know was there was an angry man on a keyboard somewhere, pushing so hard on each key that his fingers must be hurting.

Very Strange............. ;):(:(

My opinion is more valid than anyone else. No matter how valid your argument is...I am always right....So quit complaining.

this should be fun.

Let's see, a screen name that was created last night at 10:52 comes with nothing more than the quote that I brought forward.

At least some thoughts to your post and back them up with examples or something to argue your postition. I would.

My opinion is not more valid, I am just more willing to argue the point with some history, data, examples etc. to try and make it.

Sorry your offended. Make better arguments.