CONGRADS TO MBA...

cb56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you are exactly correct bodylock, change to win. That means wrestling your best wrestlers to win. Tell me how wrestling your JV is changing your lineup to win.

This thread means no disrespect to MBA, I like the kids on the team I have met, and have the upmost respect for the best coach in TN, Coach Simpson, sorry if I offend, post was started in anger, but I disagree with not trying to win.

Edited by cb56

Obviously you didn't see Geismer's match with Dunning at McCallie. How can you say that kid isn't tough?

Just for clarification, I was never suggesting or proposing that either team intentionally lose the match. I was just making everyone aware of the situation. I would be pitiful to throw a match, just to get the chance for 4th place. Also, if CBHS switched positions with Baylor or Father Ryan, the problem would be solved. Baylor and Ryan would the the semis and the winner of ND and MBA would have CBHS for consolation semis. The loser would have the loser of Ryan and Baylor. Too bad the draw is "blind". QUOTED FROM YOU BOTW.

How can you be so hypocritical??

If you think MBA threw the match then they did a very poor job of throwing the match. Didn't it come down to the last match? If they were really trying to throw the match I think they could have used some freshmen to really get beat. I think the earlier post was more accurate in the assumption that Coach Simpson tried to rest some starters. It is obvious that his strategy backfired.

I'm not being hypocritical. I was saying that I would not suggest that either team throw the match. I think it would have been better if MBA would have just gone out there with all starters and won the thing, like they should have. I don't understand why you think I'm being hypocritical. My view is that Coach Simpson was more concerned about placing than winning the match. Since it was obviously easier to lose to ND in the first round and have CBHS in the consolation semis than face Baylor, he put a bunch of young kids in there. I don't know if he thought they would win, but if he really wanted to, he would have put Turk in against Watkins in the last match, rather than sending a JV kid out there to get pinned. Maybe that will clear things up. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Edited by best_of_the_west

BOTW, MBA did not even weigh Turk in (I do not believe their starters even wieghed in), but I understand what you are saying. I have had a rough day with everything happening to Coach Lewis and I have been talking to people trying to help him out to no avail. However, this is no excuse. I probably should not have started this post, I was just upset, and it was the best move for MBA to place and a smart coaching job by Mr. Simpson, and I apologize because I know many were offended. It is not in my nature to attack people and for that I am truly sorry. I was out of my place questioning a call from Mr. Simpson, he has forgotten more about wrestling then I will ever know, and I will humbly(sp) retire to my bedroom.

Edited by cb56

I asked his coaches about it and their answer was that it was a two fold strategy. He honestly felt he would beat ND with that lineup. If MBA wins, they would then be fresh to wrestle McCallie in the semi-finals. If they lost, they ended up in a better postion in the consolation draw. Either way their younger wrestlers gained valuable experience for what should be a very strong team next year. The ND match came down to the last match. Not bad with a mostly JV lineup.

Having talked to Pat Simpson, he was actually pleased with the draw against Baylor in the first round. I asked why and he asked me to imagine trying to wrestle Baylor and McCallie in the same day. Wrestling them on seperate days worked to their favor.

Edited by CoachDelgado

You guys are such fools. The JV kid sent out at 171 was a senior for MBA who was in a close match only behind by two before the pin. I guess his youg team must have gotten younger with the jv???

That's beside the point. He wasn't the best wrestler to send out. Surely they knew that Watkins is a talented wrestler at 171. The could have weighed in Turk just in case. I know they aren't arrogant or ignorant enough to believe that ND was a push over. Anyway, this topic seems drowning in a pool of respect for Coach Simpson, so I will bow out.