CONGRADS TO MBA...

cb56

walkenvol, You know as well as I do there is a difference between forfeiting in mass at a regular season dual meet and doing it at the State Duals. You are entitled to your opinion though.

downforthecount and texas23, First of all Bradley didn't weigh their JV wrestlers Friday. The reason was they didn't want to show their hand to Soddy until Saturday. So only the varsity could wrestle against Maryville. Also, the goal at the State Duals is to advance as a team and nothing else.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to congradulate you for being a complete idiot. How dare you throw a coaching job into Frank Simpson's face. He did what he thought was the best thing for his team, period. A coach is asked to just do what is best for the team. That is exactly what Simpson did. I promise you that he would out coach you any day. My bets are that you are a CBHS fan, and are just angry about them laying a whipping on you. Now I see where the Marable boys get it from...

TO the name THE MARABLES WIN WITH CLASS AND LOSE WITH CLASS you need to get that right .

LISA MARABLE!!!!!!!

The last time I checked, coaches are the ones who coach while spectators are the ones who spectate. All armchair quarterbacks (myself included) need to remember that their place is in the bleachers not on the bench. No one should question the decisions of the MBA coaching staff, the Bradley coaching staff, or any coaching staff because all coaches do what is best for their wrestlers and their program not what is pleasing to other coaches, wrestlers, and/ or spectators.

In the end, it appears that all of the coaching staffs being regarded in this thread made decisions that were in fact best for their wrestlers and programs: MBA was able to reward senior non-starters while resting younger starters in rout to a 4th place finish and Bradley won the DI State Title.

The results speak for themselves!

The last time I checked, coaches are the ones who coach while spectators are the ones who spectate. All armchair quarterbacks (myself included) need to remember that their place is in the bleachers not on the bench. No one should question the decisions of the MBA coaching staff, the Bradley coaching staff, or any coaching staff because all coaches do what is best for their wrestlers and their program not what is pleasing to other coaches, wrestlers, and/ or spectators.

In the end, it appears that all of the coaching staffs being regarded in this thread made decisions that were in fact best for their wrestlers and programs: MBA was able to reward senior non-starters while resting younger starters in rout to a 4th place finish and Bradley won the DI State Title.

So true!!

soms

walkenvol, You know as well as I do there is a difference between forfeiting in mass at a regular season dual meet and doing it at the State Duals. You are entitled to your opinion though.

Sly - my opinion is that this board is biased and does not view the coaches the same. I've offered no opinion concerning the strategy of either MBA or Bradley, yet you and MillsHalf are attempting to create an opinion for me. My only point was that the board is quick to attack some while giving tremendous latitude to others. The way in which I've been attacked for making this observation helps validate my point.

BTW, I agree with you that forfeiting at the state duals en masse is different then the same for a regular season dual.

walkenvol, No I am not attempting to create an opinion for you. You used Bradley's forfeiting at the State Duals and compared it with McCallie's forfeiting matches during the regular season to validate your point on bashing coaches. You were wondering why people weren't bashing Coach Logsdon for forfeiting at the State Duals like they did Coach Connell for forfeiting during the regular season. I was just point out the difference between the two examples you used. You're trying to use two totally different situations to make your point. Thats my opinion.

Pinu46,

I like your post but I disagree with a portion of it. While it is good to remember who the coach is and who the spectator is, it is also a part of being a spectator to question what has been done on the field, mat, court, pool, etc. That is what Monday Morning Quarterbacks do. Besides watching the action unfold being the most fun, the next most fun is to talk about all the "what if's".

As long as you do not go personal on the coach's character and leave the emotion out, questions should not be prohibited. Especially on a public message board.

Just my monday morning quarterbacking opinion.

By the time Franklin had beat Collierville, there was only one match left. I imagine that Raby wanted to wrestle Faulkner (region 8 champion) for the competition. I'm sure he wasn't saving himself for Pease, because that would just be ugly. The Collierville coach is friends with Raby's family, and he probably told them that Faulkner would be a good match for him. The kids from Clarksville that got forfeits were good enough to injure some of the Franklin kids. Plus, nobody wants to lose the last three matches. That takes some of the fun out of winnig.

Tex,

Here's what I don't get. Everyone is so quick to coddle the coaches, but they waste no time is ripping the refs to pieces. Why do the refs deserve to be questioned, but the coaches don't?