CONGRADS TO MBA...

cb56

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly - please reread my post. I grouped Bradley with MBA as having elected a stratey that some would consider contraversial. I did not attempt to justify any past McCallie actions by comparing them with Bradley as you continue to infer. I have no opinion as to whether MBA or Bradley did the right or wrong thing. My only point is that if McCallie had used either of those strategies then we would have enjoyed a morning of Connell bashing. My history on this board proves that I speak my mind, I don't insinuate my opinions.

By the time Franklin had beat Collierville, there was only one match left. I imagine that Raby wanted to wrestle Faulkner (region 8 champion) for the competition. I'm sure he wasn't saving himself for Pease, because that would just be ugly. The Collierville coach is friends with Raby's family, and he probably told them that Faulkner would be a good match for him. The kids from Clarksville that got forfeits were good enough to injure some of the Franklin kids. Plus, nobody wants to lose the last three matches. That takes some of the fun out of winnig.

Tex,

Here's what I don't get. Everyone is so quick to coddle the coaches, but they waste no time is ripping the refs to pieces. Why do the refs deserve to be questioned, but the coaches don't?

Best of the West,

At the risk of you thinking I am long winded, I agree with you. It seems like anytime you question a person that happens to be a coach, the entire alumni from that school goes up in arms about the coach's integrity being challenged.

I can tell you and you can check all my posts, that is not the case. If you ask the question without a bunch of emotion wrapped up with the question, it seems like you can get away with it. (but not for long!)

Oh, the why not the ref's deal. No one is emotionally attached to them as a team. So open season on those guys is always desired.

short enough?

christian brothers sports teams all have one thing in common, they are sore losers. i loved hearing cbhs people talk about how dominate the cbhs defense was in football and how mba couldnt run on you...158 yards from koban. not to mention the unusually wet field the game was played on. ive been in lacrosse games with cbhs before where ive never seen more foul play. the mba wrestlers who were subsituted to wrestle are very capable. i cant even imagine coach simpson doing anything but trying to help his team win. grow up cb56.

Sly - please reread my post. I grouped Bradley with MBA as having elected a stratey that some would consider contraversial. I did not attempt to justify any past McCallie actions by comparing them with Bradley as you continue to infer. I have no opinion as to whether MBA or Bradley did the right or wrong thing. My only point is that if McCallie had used either of those strategies then we would have enjoyed a morning of Connell bashing. My history on this board proves that I speak my mind, I don't insinuate my opinions.

Sorry but you could not justify any past McCallie actions. They altered their line-up last year in the finals to beat Ryan.

If any of you have been around wrestling for any period of time, then you should know that a coach is going to do whatever it takes to win. If this means moving wrestlers up or down in weight classes, or putting in a jv, then that is what he is going to do. There are many game plans going into a match but it all depends on the flip. You can sit on this board and argue all day and night long but what is that going to accomplish, nothing. Let is go!!!!! :P

i agree with you cb56 on the fact that mba threw there first match. i was also behind the mba parents and fans who told you the same thing. i am also the one who had a respectable match with turk. although i do belive i had a reversal and 2 back points in the last 9 sec.l

Just to make sure...are you talking about the last match wrestled against MBA?