Who will win AA Miss Basketball?

bob77

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

This will probably get a lot of negative comments back, but it is just an opinion.  Brooke Johnson is an excellent basketball player with a very bright future, so don't get me wrong.  Something to ponder is this:  How many points and rebounds does she get per night just because she is 6'4"?  Can she take over a game when she has to have someone get her the ball?

These other 3 young ladies are a 5'10" post who handles the ball a lot, a 5'11" wing/post who handles the ball in the open floor better than a lot of point guards, and a 5'5" point guard who controls most games she plays on both ends of the court.  No one should be punished because they are tall, but it seems that these other ladies must work a little harder to achieve their goals.  This would seem to make their stats more impressive.  Also, they all 3 can decide a game by having to make a play the full length of the court.  They do not have the luxury of just going down to the block, putting up a hand, and having someone throw them the ball.  Some might say,  "what about the double and triple teams," but the others are often double teamed as well, without being head and shoulders above the defenders.

All 4 of these young ladies are worthy candidates, and all would deserve to win.  This was just something to think about, and to stir the pot some more!!  :D

Good point, it is not the person who scores the most points, but the best basketball player. The other three are better all-around basketball players hands down. Handle the ball, distribute the ball, rebound, score, steals....etc; not just stick a hand up and lay it in! :D

Edited by bob77

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke Johnson, enough said! When a player makes a team have to find a way to stop her (no one has yet) then they must be a dominant player. Yes all the girls listed are great players. They all have had great careers. They all will be playing in college. But, when you want the best player for this year alone then it has to be Brooke Johnson. I have yet to see any one slow her down and in big games she is the deciding factor on the floor. The other girls are great but but have had off nights. Good luck to all these girls and many others that are worthy of this recognition.

Brooke Johnson, enough said! When a player makes a team have to find a way to stop her (no one has yet) then they must be a dominant player. Yes all the girls listed are great players. They all have had great careers. They all will be playing in college. But, when you want the best player for this year alone then it has to be Brooke Johnson. I have yet to see any one slow her down and in big games she is the deciding factor on the floor. The other girls are great but but have had off nights. Good luck to all these girls and many others that are worthy of this recognition.

It is hard to have a off night when you are shooting from two feet. Though I am sure she has had a off night, that statement was pointless :justwrestle:

Since some of you have never played ball in the post with consistant douvle teams and getting the rough play and still being able to score then you may not want to stay in this post. Why do you want to bash someone for making an arguement for who they think is the best and then talk trash if their thought does not go along with yours. I congratulated all these girls but you will find Brooke will be the one to stop if your team plays hers. The best player makes her team better and she is very deserving of Ms. AA. DON'T HATE, SHOW LOVE![/font][/color]

oh, by best all-around, you must not have meant good ball-handling skills, a three point shot, amazing hands (she can catch anything thrown her way) awesome foul shot maker, great defense- havent seen many people, maybe one or two, who could shoot over her-, leading scorer in all her games (almost all cases from both teams) and good sportsmanship.

hmm....what else could there be...can you tell me please?? im getting tired of you puttin her down.... :D

oh, by best all-around, you must not have meant good ball-handling skills, a three point shot, amazing hands (she can catch anything thrown her way) awesome foul shot maker, great defense- havent seen many people, maybe one or two, who could shoot over her-, leading scorer in all her games (almost all cases from both teams) and good sportsmanship.

hmm....what else could there be...can you tell me please?? im getting tired of you puttin her down.... :D

I wasn't putting her down, just making a valid point that you have no desire of hearing out. :)

To Knownothing and Bob77, have you actually seen Brooke play? If you have then you know she doesn't just go to the block and stick up a hand. There have been several times she has been used to help break the other teams press because she can handle the ball in the open court. She can take anyone to the basket and score and she can also shoot the three. Sure, she doesn't have to because she does have the advantage inside and shoots better than 60% from the field but to say she doesn't have to work as hard to score is ridiculous. These other girls handle the ball a lot more which means they actually have more opportunity to score, you say Brooke has to depend on somebody getting her the ball to score, you make my point. Also, she leads her team in rebounds, points, blocks, FG %, FT %. She is second in steals and assists to the point guard on the team. Last year in the state tournament when LA had to foul somebody, it was Brooke that the coach made sure the ball was gotten into. She is her teams go to player whatever they need to be done. To say that a post player shouldn't win Miss Basketball is ridiculous. Check out last years AAA candidates.