Region 7

yourworstnightmare

Who will be crowned champions this weekend at the ind. regional tournament in Dickson? Any bold predictions or any surprises?

I predict:

103-Jahmal Shelton-Kenwood

112-Nic Bundy-Hendersonville

119-Sam Cox-Kenwood

125-Justin Tisdale-Beech

130-Bill Seaman-Mt Juliet

135-Jim Klienert-Beech

140-John Gannon-Rossview

145-Luke Sanders-Montgomery Central

152-David Johnson-Rossview

160-Tom Minwell-Clarksville

171-Mark Chinetti-Northwest

189-Tim Pease-Clarksville or John Trevor-Beech

215-Stanley Brooks-Dickson

275-A toss-up between Sycamore, Clarksville, Northeast, and Cheatham Co.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dennis Bogdan fom Hendersonville goes 135 I'm pretty sure he'll take it. He's already beaten Beech's guy. As for 103, I haven't seen Jamal Shelton wrestle at all so I'm just making an educated guess that I think Alex Bogdan from Hendersonville should be at least in the finals (I'm a Hendersonville fan, what can I say?). Nevertheless, good luck to everyone this weekend, I wish I could be there.

At 171 Chinetti from Northwest beat Weakley in their only matchup this year. Should be a fun final between those two. 152 is definitely the weight class to watch. There are four or five tough kids there. As to Bogdan making the 103 finals, who has he beat in the region? Shelton from KW is the favorite, with Bird from NW and the Sycamore kid behind him. 160 should also be exciting. There is no stud that stands out above the rest of the crowd, but I think Minwell from CHS, Clark from MC, and Mollman from NW all have a chance to win it. I will note that my picks are strictly from what I have seen, and there are a couple of region teams I haven't seen.

135 will be Bogdon or Potts from Mont. Central. 160 is not a toss up. The Clarksville kid will win easily. 152, 171, 189 and 275 are all up for grabs as far as I can see. There will be some great matches at those weights.

152...Johnson, Hebda and Espinosa

171...Weakley, Chinetti and Garza

189...Pease, Trevor and Baker

275...CHS, NE, Cheatham and Sycamore.

I also believe that Rouse and Brooks could go either way.

Edited by KKW