Freshman to look out for

coachlog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth Skogen is the best freshman in the state hands down- saw him play at halls and Unaka in the State Tournament- he dropped 18 on halls and even though he got in foul trouble against Unaka they couldn't stop him when he got the ball (his team just couldn't get it to him) he is the real deal- he has all the potential to be unstoppable- does any one know what kinda work ethic he has?

I know that there's a lot of talk about some of the freshman at Temple.

The Skogen kid is really a good player and then you have the small guard (Dee) that is going to be great in the future. Temple also has another freshman that I think doesn't get much attention yet. I believe his name is Josh Smith.

I've watched a few games at Temple this year and this kid comes in off the bench early and has really impressed me with his strength at the post position, especially on the defensive end.

He looks like he'll be a good one in the future. I'd say he'll be someone to reckon with in the days to come at Temple.

YEah -- I agree with you guys. Temple has some great freshman players. Seth, Dee, and Josh are going to keep Temple as a contender the next 3 years for the gold ball. From my observation all of these guys have improved at the game, especially Josh at the post. He is very good at defending guys who are even bigger than he is and seems to play with a lot of heart. The only thing I see is that he tends to get down on himself for making mistakes -- which isn't really a bad thing, he just needs to play with confidence.

Dee is going to make a great point guard in the years to come. He is so quick and can shoot the rock. Yes, he made some mental errors this year -- but that is only natural for a freshman playing in the big games.

Seth is probably going to be the better player of all the Skogens when it's all said and done. He is such a good shooter and isn't afraid to take the ball to the hole.

I'm looking forward to watching the Crusaders in the days to come.

Congrats fellas on a good year and good luck in the future.