How is 8AAA shaping up?

omar

Who was the catcher for Franklin Co. last year?

It was a sophmore. He had never caught before last yr. He really struggled. FC's coach had cut the catcher from the previous yr and 2 others quit before the 03 season started. From what I hear from my friends in FC, Puryear, Summers and Crabtree are their top players. They have an excellent class of sophmores.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this district is tough, but i would say coffee county has to considered for first. They return most of their starters form last year with tons of big game experience. tullahoma will be good, and columbia is always in the hunt. But as for coffee co being a fluke last season, how do you justify that comment? Is it their fault they had players in position to win when a team made an error, or i may be mistaken, but one call form an ump doesn't decide a game no matter how bad you think it was. winning 27 games cannot be a fluke. with the main players back and playing with the emotion of losing a key player will provide coffee co the incentive to repeat. everyone saw how emotion can help a team last year whenlincoln county played in the tournamnet. they were flat awful as a team and beat three good teams in the tournament. so i would be hard pressed to pick against the red raider.

It was a sophmore. He had never caught before last yr. He really struggled. FC's coach had cut the catcher from the previous yr and 2 others quit before the 03 season started. From what I hear from my friends in FC, Puryear, Summers and Crabtree are their top players. They have an excellent class of sophmores.

I saw a few FC games last year and was aware of the problems they had early on with players leaving the team. They obviously had more than one catcher during the season, the kid I saw didn't seem to struggle at all.

Anyway, It's good to hear Brown is back, he always looked good behind the plate

If I were you I would not underestimate Lincoln Co. I mean if u think about it they were the hottest team in the district during tournament time and suprised a lot of people in the district tournament. I mean if u think about it they only lost one main guy on the team and that is John Whaley. So if i were u i wouldnt count lincoln co out of it just yet

I saw a few FC games last year and was aware of the problems they had early on with players leaving the team. They obviously had more than one catcher during the season, the kid I saw didn't seem to struggle at all.

Most people I know from Franklin Co thought he struggled. He tried and gave it every thing he had. He just wasn't a catcher. He would have been the 4th catcher on the team, if the other catchers had not quit. He is platooning in the outfield this yr. I don't even know if he is the backup catcher to Brown.

Most people I know from Franklin Co thought he struggled. He tried and gave it every thing he had. He just wasn't a catcher. He would have been the 4th catcher on the team, if the other catchers had not quit. He is platooning in the outfield this yr. I don't even know if he is the backup catcher to Brown.

Not @ all sure where you got your information about the catcher for FC but the Walker kid has seen time behind the plate before. And holds his own. If my information is correct, he's a pretty good ballplayer. Coaches say he is a very versatile player, strong arm, and does well @ the plate. "Platooning in the outfield" better watch that throw to third or home. You could even see him coming at you from the mound. Brown is back @ home behind the plate and the team is glad to have him there.

Lets all keep Coffee County's Crethan Hanserts family in our thoughts & prayers as this baseball season comes upon us. This will be a tough time for them as they lost Crethan this past Oct. he was a good player for Coffee County as well as a good kid. Gentlemen play each game like it is your last & dont take anything for granted. Good luck to all teams.

Coffee County players, pull together for Crethan this year. Play as hard as you can for Crethan & good things will happen. Good Luck!

I do agree that the lost of their right feilder/friend, will play a major role on the coffee county team this year, but i believe that it will make these players strive even harder to win it this year, that is while i am going to have to say coffee county will win it. that and they have some of the best pitchers, and 1 of the best infields you will find.

Good luck to all the teams

Edited by chsninja

Losing Crethan was a very sad thing. I'm sure that Coffee Co. will play as hard as they can for him, but i hate to tell them to use something like this as motivation. Yeah sure, motivation to play every game like it's your last because you just never know. I just don't think that it is right to use something like this as motivation to win a game when losing a teammate and a friend is something much bigger than baseball. You gotta remember baseball is just a game. I'm not tryin to say that u were tryin to say that they should use that as motivation to win, but i'm just sayin that they shouldn't and knowing this team, they won't. The Red Raiders are a class act and they will pull together as a team, and play this season for Crethan Hansert.

SQCWJM, I beleave you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You tell the boys not to use Crethen for motivation, then you tell them to play hard and win the season for him. Get on one side of the fence and stay. I would tell them to use him for motivation. These boys cannot think of Crethen without thinking baseball. We can not look in right field and not see his smiling face. So C.C. guys do what you got to do and good luck. I hope ya'll have another fluke year like you did last year as takeitdeep said. I would probally be safe to say the only thing he took deep was the bench.

goingyard, i didn't say to win the season for Crethan. I said to play it for him, that means try your hardest all the time and play it like he did. I did not say win it for him. So maybe you try reading the whole post before you say anything. But i don't want to get in an argument over this. It's a stupid argument that shouldn't happen so it's not. I agree with you, CC boys do w/e it takes to get you ready to play. As for earlier i simply said don't use him for motivation to win a dumb game because that's all it is( a game )