Tyner "Lady Rams" vs. Bledsoe Co.

TynerRamFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was played.  I'm not entirely sure what the score was but Bledsoe won by at least 30!!

Well, it's Official...this game will be for the "Undisputed" Top Seed in 6AA.

I may stand corrected but both teams(1st & 2nd) automatically qualify for the Region Tournament in Dunlap.

Both teams are 2003 District Tournament Champions!!!(6AA & 5A)

...GO "LADY RAMS">>>>>>>(not bad for your 1st year in AA) !!!

One would think that it is not possible to blow an 11 point lead with little more than 2 minutes left in the game, but it is and that was proven this evening in Bledsoe County. If all eyes WERE indeed on Pikeville then they saw a self destruction that is unmatched by any other team attempting to become a District champion. Some would argue that the referees were suspect, but I would argue that Tyner should work to learn how to guard the baseline--the area where the 14 points that Bledsoe scored in the final 2 minutes were scored. Congrats to the Lady Warriors, but be prepared for District 5. It will not be an easy run.

One would think that it is not possible to blow an 11 point lead with little more than 2 minutes left in the game, but it is and that was proven this evening in Bledsoe County.  If all eyes WERE indeed on Pikeville then they saw a self destruction that is unmatched by any other team attempting to become a District champion.  Some would argue that the referees were suspect, but I would argue that Tyner should work to learn how to guard the baseline--the area where the 14 points that Bledsoe scored in the final 2 minutes were scored.  Congrats to the Lady Warriors, but be prepared for District 5.  It will not be an easy run.

First of all, I will not get on here and try to blame it on the referee. I made no mention of a referee(this was done by atn301). Since he mentioned the "zebras" I will honestly tell you what happened in this game.

Oh, before I begin, atn301, I suspect you are a coat-tail rider(fair-weathered fan) because obviously you have seen this thread and did not respond except when your team won. CONGRATULATIONS to the Lady Warriors!!!!!

Now, if you were not at the game(bob77) don't even try it!!!!!!

I will not mention that in the first half, Bledsoe only had three(3) team fouls and the "Lady Rams" had nine(9). The 1st quarter score was 15-15; The "Lady Rams" out-scored Bledsoe 14-8 in the 2nd quarter to take a 29-23 lead.(Not bad when five are playing against eight!!)

The 3rd quarter saw the "Lady Rams" take a 45-37 lead only to fall in the end by one(1) point.

Now, I must get to the "gory" details of the game. (Both on and off the court

During the game, our referees, The Three(3) Stooges , had the nerve to try and intimidate one of our fans. He had the audacity to instruct him to return to where he(our fan) was originally sitting. We were very loud and vocal and truthful as to the calls which were unevenly distributed and I believe as the ole saying goes: "the truth really hurts".

The gray haired referee even shouted out at one point during the game on the Tyner side of the floor(and most of us heard him loud and clear): "DON'T CALL NOTHING...DON"T CALL NO MORE FOULS!!!

It is believed that he is actually a minister. Anyway it was a moot point at this time because Bledsoe was already in the one-and-one(9 fouls to 3 fouls).

Curly-Larry and Moe then had to think about what they had done at halftime and attempted to correct what was wrong, however, they still made errors in judgement.

The one(1) point that Bledsoe was victorious by, had been taken away earlier when "MOE" said that our player had entered the lane prior to a foul shot(it is a judgement call but that one point was the difference between ovretime and losing)

The "LADY RAMS" have nothing and I mean absolutely nothing to hang there head about!!

atn301 you were looking at the same game that I was looking at and that's why I can say without a doubt that the "LADY RAMS" will be a force to be reckoned with during the District Tournament

As for the The Three Stooges, with those calls, I can see why they are relegated to calling only Regular Season Games.

TynerRamfan,

Love your passion, but unfortunately you are thinking with you heart and not your head. Tyner has had great season and should be commended for doing so well after making the jump from A to AA. That is quite a step some would say. Unfortunately for the Lady Rams and anyone else in that district they will be facing a daunting task in the Region tournament. McMinn Central and Walker Valley are old hats at this postseason game. They will be the sub-state teams when it is all said and done. Don't be discouraged though, I do believe Tyner will eventually be a forced to be reckoned with in the near future. Maybe next year due to the fact that Central will be down and Walker Valley will more than likely make the same move you made only to AAA instead. This year though, Central and Walker Valley are 20 to 30 points better than anyone in your district.