District 4-AAA

yallalreadyknow248

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Doyle is the team to watch out for coming into this district tournament. So their record isn't great and they've lost a few close games lately...big deal. I think they have a point to prove and will take care of business. Early in the season, the Cherokees were playing awesome basketball, they've lost some momentum since then but hopefully we can see that kind of play in the tourney. Good luck Kees!

What does the crowds have anything to do with the games? Shouldn't a team be motivated enough to win come tournament time? Oh yeah that might be a problem for you JMo because you're obviously a Farragut fan..HA Farragut basketball fan! what a joke! they bring nobody to games! how sad for a school with like 2200 students - maybe someone ought to tell Farragut to figure things out because in my opinion they are the best team in the district but yet they hardly play like it

i think you're right...i can't argue with you! Farragut needs some sort of motivation (a simple competative spirit might do it) we'll see what they're really made of come district time...even though right now im not too optomistic about them having a will to win! they go out there every ngiht trying to win on talent and that just doesn't work - i mean the way they play every night, unless gibson just totally lights it up, my church league team would give them a good game...and nobody buys it but we would! i love Farragut basketball and i've only missed one game but i hope they show some heart and go as far as they potentially can in the playoffs

5) WEST plays 8) SEVIER CO.

6) South Doyle plays 7) Heritage

Winner of West/Sev County plays 4)William Blount

Winner of S Doyle/Heritage plays 3) Bearden

Winner of WB game plays 1)Maryville

Winner of Beard game plays 2) Farragut

Predictions

West beats Sev County

S Doyle beats Heritage

WB beats West

Bearden beats S Doyle

Maryville beats WB

Bearden beats Farragut

Consolation....Farragut beats WB

Championship...Bearden beats Maryville

Seeds for Region 1)Bearden 2) Maryville 3)Farragut 4) WB

I agree etcoach. The Maryville W.B. game will be closer than expected. Maybe even an upset. Bearden will beat Farragut because it will be very difficult for the Admirials to go into the Dog house for a third time and beat the Bulldogs.

Another problem in this particular District tournament is the fact that the 1 and 2 seeds get a bye into the semi finals. It appears to be an advantage but in reality it could be a disadvantage because you are going into a very omportant game after not playing for up to a week.

I dont seen WB upsetting Maryville simply because WB has no one. The past years you can argue well they beat them, but also, Maryville is 6-2 against them the past 3 yrs, and they had some good players. This yrs team is way low, and gaskin and tipton are yet to be slowed down. They have also shown they can win at Bearden including beating them at there place the past 3 yrs. Bearden has been a good home to the Rebels, and I hope to see them in Sub State again.....The other region is terrible so I'm goin with Bearden and Maryville in a classic

Though I should have my brain tested for going against one of the area's finest prognosticators, ETCoach, ... my gut tells me this:

West over Sevier County

South Doyle over Heritage

WB hits its f.t.'s and nips West

South Doyle pulls the upset and beats Bearden

Maryville knocks off the Gov's (potential for great upset here!)

Farragut gets by South Doyle in a squeaker

Blount continues it's dominance over South Doyle in consolation

Maryville wins the tourney over Farragut

1. MHS 2. FHS 3. WBHS 4. SDHS

BeachVol, not sure I agree about the other region being terrible. I think Oak Ridge and Clinton could make some serious noise in the regionals.