400 meters

southreb40

Jordan backed his 10.90 100 at state last year with a 10 .85 at Campbell Thursday and in his first open 400 he ran a 52 flat and a 22.9 in the 200 he has already running times he ran midseason last year and looks to run a sub 48 400

How does running a 52 open 400 equate to the possibility of a sub 48? Do you realize how fast 47.9 is?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun
How does running a 52 open 400 equate to the possibility of a sub 48? Do you realize how fast 47.9 is?

You are right, it doesn't equate at all.

But April showers bring May flowers, you never know. We haven't had any sub 48's in recent memory except for the great Sean Waller of Hunters Lane and the Chris Jones kid from Riverdale.

Guest PASSINGGAME1

Just so everyone knows go to TSSAA.org and look at A-AA boys 2003 championships and the 400,200,100. You will see Jordans name amoungst all three. It it extremely possible to run the 400 in 48 by this kid. The kid from Farragut that runs at UT ran a 46 three years ago on a cool night.

Edited by PASSINGGAME1

Just so everyone knows go to TSSAA.org and look at A-AA boys 2003 championships and the 400,200,100. You will see Jordans name amoungst all three. It it extremely possible to run the 400 in 48 by this kid. The kid from Farragut that runs at UT ran a 46 three years ago on a cool night.

When was this??? That is not true, if indeed you are talking about Yeager(the kid from Farragut).

Take a look at the best time this year for ANYBODY. Who has struck 49 or better the most? It ain't Jeffers. If anybody will be sub-48 this year it won't be him.

Does your name have to be mentioned to run the time, I don't think so.  Just wait and see

I'm not saying it does. There's only a handful of guys who have gone 50 or under this year and only TWO that have gone under 49.5 as of April 6th. We'll see this kid from Antioch at states and I guarantee he will seeing the butts of two or three other guys. So YOU wait and see. In fact, we will see after the Big 8. Show me something. The best I have seen of him is the 53.84 he ran last year as a freshman, so he might have improved. But 6 seconds in one year? Doubt it.

Lemarcus Coker , on the other hand, is going to be hard to beat.

Edited by BHSfootball

I heard ryan rhodus is pretty good. Have anybody heard anything about him?

i run w/rhodus everyday at lchs, and hes real good... hasnt had competition but ive seen him run 49 and beat the comp. by a stretch, too bad nobodys pushin him yet.... yea the 4x400 isnt bad either im on there, 1st leg....

Jordan backed his 10.90 100 at state last year with a 10 .85 at Campbell Thursday and in his first open 400 he ran a 52 flat and a 22.9 in the 200 he has already running times he ran midseason last year and looks to run a sub 48 400

Name Year School Prelims Finals Points

================================================================================

Finals

1 Prince, Damian Southwest Dekalb HS 50.20 48.61 10

2 Blakely, Jamal Southwest Dekalb HS 50.18 49.91 8

3 Grace, Nathan Bearden HS 50.99 50.45 6

4 Dillard, John North Rowan HS 51.35 50.62 5

5 Glasper, Shannon Carter HS 50.85 50.90 4

6 Woodruff, Tyler Sevier County HS 51.19 52.00 3

7 Sewell, Hill Mtn Brook HS 51.16 52.91 2

8 Jeffers, Jordan Scott 50.34 57.32 1

Jeffers didn't do too well at the vols classic. What happened?