Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today Rockwood played Rhea County (partially Varsity and partially JV) and won 8-3 (I think that's right). And tonight we played Cumberland County to a tie at 2. We threw Dan Chandler in the first game and he pitched very well. Freshman Zach Edwards pitched the second game. The "crafty" lefty did surprisingly well for his first time pitching, although, the first hit he gave up in his high school career was a home run. :lol: The freshman catcher, Marcus Whitaker caught the second game and did a good job. He called a solid game.

Pre-Season is over. Time for the regular season to begin on Monday! We travel to Cumberland County Monday. Be there.

Go Tigers!

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Rockwood High School Basketball Tigers for advancing to the state basketball tournament. On the one hand, I hope they do well in Murfreesboro, but on the other hand, I'll be glad to get the rest of our baseball team on the field once basketball is over.

I would imagine it will take a few games for the basketball guys to get back into the flow of things between the white lines and to get our lineup adjusted. We start the season with some hard games. Three of our first four games are against AAA competition, and although we have been playing well, I am sure there will be an adjustment period when we finally get all our players together on the diamond for the first time.

Monday March 15 at Cumberland County

Tuesday March 16 at Rhea County

Thursday March 18 Sunbright at home

Saturday March 20 Cookeville at home

Good luck to all the Tigers, Basketball and Baseball next week.

RHSfan

Edited by RHSfan

Thanks so much RHSfan for your support for our basketball boys. As a parent I appreciate it and I know the boys do too. It gives me great pride to know our city is represented in basketball, baseball and football by kids that play with the intensity and heart these guys do. I know during our games this weekend, my son and a few more wanted to be out there bad but couldnt. as much as they want to play baseball they also dont like to lose so on we go to the "boro" and hope to win! As for baseball, cant wait to get started ! we'll be thinking of you and pulling for you all this week Good Luck!

Rockwood went into Cumberland County and came away with a close one 4-3. Cumberland County didn't score until the 7th inning, Gilmore started to tire and had some control issues, then Chandler came in and picked up the save. Good game all around. We hit solid, we played good defense (especially Andy Willis, a great game at SS), and our pitching was great aside from part of the last inning.

This is the first time we have beaten Cumberland Co. since I have been in high school, and the amazing thing is we did it w/o our basketball players. Hopefully we can pick up another W tomorrow at Rhea County.

Go Tigers!