Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

skwerlsak hows Jeff Co looking and where did they end up starting you at?

Hack#3

Hack, it looks like I'm going to play 98% of the time in Center and the other time behind the dish, but we have a Junior catcher has an abslote cannon for an arm, but can't seem to block a beach ball or throw anyone out that can run a 7.5 due to lack of accuracy. He will still be behind the dish due to the fact that his dad is very high up in the political group that hovers over our school system. I have gotten 2 offers from colleges to play catcher there so we'll see how that turns out.

E.T. what were your thoughts/feelings toward King College? I thouht they were after you, but they called the other day wanting to set up a campus visit w/ me so i was just wanting your opinion.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skwerl,

King has a beautiful campus, a brand new field, a wonderful indoor facility, and a great coach. I can't say enough good about the place. They don't have lights on the field yet, but the coach said that would be one of their next projects.

They just recently built a new athletic center, and the baseball team wound up with full use of the old Gym. It's an ideal setup.

Tell your dad I said hello.

RHSfan

I agree with my dad on that one SkwerlSak. I can't say enough good things about King. One of the big reasons I ended up not choosing them was the weather. I stayed up there one friday night and practiced on saturday, and it was COLD! They have a great coach, who is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. The gym thing was awesome, basically it's just a massive indoor facility that just happens to have basketball goals in the main area lol.

You need to go ahead and set up that visit, I think you might like it. Good luck!

Mr. McCreary,

Thank you for the information on King College and their baseball program. I'm glad to hear that E.T. has found a place to play and that University is very blessed to have a great player and person like E.T. Best of luck to him this upcoming year and at the next level. I will tell my dad you said hello when he gets in. Thank you again for the information and good-luck.

E.T. I'm glad that you enjoyed the campus and coach. Sorry about the weather but it seems like i'll be staying in the cold between Cumberland College in KY and King. Under Armour seems like a good stock to invest in. My JV coach played at King and at one point or another held or still holds hitting records up there so he is going to be a big help in the King deal, but I still have the rest of the year to be seen.

Edited by SkwerlSak4

Rockwood lost 3-4 to Catholic this evening. The next game pitted Oliver Springs against Cumberland Co. I had to leave before the end of the game, Cumberland was ahead 7-0 when I left. The Rockwood/Catholic game was a good one. The bright side of this loss was there were only 3 plate appearances that did not result in the batter putting the ball in play (one strikeout and 2 walks (1 intentional)). Rockwood hit the ball, but usually right to someone. I thought our pitching was good, we lost the game on errors. I believe they will put it together soon. They have the talent to be a very good club.

RHSfan

Tonight Rockwood rebounded to avenge last night's loss to Catholic by beating them 1-0 in a good ballgame. Seth Robinson pitched excellent. Our offense wasn't quiet as good as it should have been, but it is pre-season :) . Our defense was very good with some nice double plays. Good game Catholic and good luck the rest of the year.

Go Tigers!

Dinos, I think the reason Bigman likes beating private schools is because we are not expected or supposed to do so. Private schools are allowed the privalege of recruiting and the such, that just makes victory over one that much sweeter. We can't get complacent, though, because we play Rhea County and Cumberland County today.

Good game Dinos. See y'all later in the season.