Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

IMO Rockwood does a very good job of being competitive with schools of all classifications. As an outside observer it appears that the Rockwood program runs and operates more like AA or AAA school in terms of facilities, interest and coaching.

Whether Rockwood could survive - game in/game out - in a district such as 4AAA, who knows? The fact is they don't have to. Classifying schools based on student population is an effort to level the playing field. Personally I wish there were more classifications. There are a lot of schools that play AAA that have a tough time competing with the Farraguts of the world.

With the exception of a few schools it appears that Rockwood needs to "play up" because, frankly, the overall level of their district competition would not prepare them to face the private schools in post-season.

I'm not trying to slight Rockwood's district, just stating an opinion.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right...the District really doesn't help Rockwood prepare for those Private schools. But Coach Lane does everything he can to play AA, AAA and Divsion II schools. And your right not everyoen can compete with the Farraguts of the world. Because Farragut, if they are anything like last seaon, are #1 in America.

In the first district contest of the season, Rockwood beats Sunbright 19-0. Most of the basketball players were back, some are taking a couple of days off to rest before getting into baseball. Everyone played this afternoon against a young Sunbright team. Give Sunbright a couple of years and they will develop into a decent team, they are very young.

Rockwood will host Cookeville tomorrow at 2 pm. Everybody come. There is a huge tournament being held at the complex this weekend, so there is plenty of good food at the concessions stand.

RHSfan

99, I couldn't remember the score until I got home to post it if I didn't write it down. I admire the posts by Bizazz, HV and others who remember enough of the game to somewhat reconstruct it in a post (Although I think they cheat by using a scorebook ;) ). If someone from Rockwood would post something with a little detail, I would appreciate it.

Reed, did you hear that?????!!!!!!

RHSfan

Rockwood looses a real nail biter to visiting AAA Cookeville, 9-12. The lead changed several times during the game, but Rockwood had a bad 7th inning, giving up 6 runs, that they just couldn't make up in the bottom of the inning. Rockwood led 9-6 going into the 7th, but several miscues, errors, and mental mistakes proved to be their undoing. For the most part, Rockwood hit the ball well and played a good game.

Next up:

Monday March 22, at Coalfield 5:00 pm.

RHSfan

Jacket, how dry is the field right now (or tomorrow for that matter) because we have had a lot of rain on and off for the last week. I didn't know if Coalfield's drains better now that the grass is in the infield.

Thanks

The field is in good shape as usual. It drained well when it was just clay and sand, but with the grass and the turf conditioner on the base pads, mound and around home it is working really well. They played Cosby last week in a slow drizzle for six innings before it was called for darkness (the lights are showing their age) more than wetness. The game later in the season between the two may be better than this one.