Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score of the scrimmage was something like Clinton-6 Rockwood-25. We played well, good defense, decent pitching, and great hitting. Hopefully we can keep it up starting with Oliver Springs on Monday.

Clinton looked like a younger team with some upcoming talent. Good luck to them the rest of the year.

Edited by RHSBASEBALL99

Bizazz,

I watched the scrimmage and was indeed impressed. I don't recall a Rockwood team in recent years that came out for their first scrimmage so ready to play. It being the first game, Rockwood made their fair share of errors and mental mistakes, but overall played well and hit the ball well.

Hack from Greenback was in attendance scouting Rockwood out. He was in the stands shaking in his boots!!! Right. Hack?

You really can't tell how a season is going to unfold by watching one game, but I sure liked what I saw today. If they can keep improving from where they are now, without any setbacks, they should develop into a good team.

RHSfan

RHSFAN, you're right about not projecting one game into the season. But coming out looking sharp sure beats the heck out of playing sloppy.

The important thing is to not peak in preseason :D .

That happened to West last year. They looked great in the preseason. Unfortunately the bats went silent after mid-March.

From what I've heard about your coach and your team, I don't think that will be a problem.

Good luck.

I haven't been able to see much in person, but the boys seem to be approaching the season with a lot of enthusiasm. West and Karns are scrimmaging Monday. I may have to place a wager with HiwasseeVol on the outcome :lol: . It's always hard to tell how you're doing until you start playing somebody else.

I'm hesitant to make predictions, as I was totally wrong about last year's team. This senior class is not as talented as the class of 2003, but they may have better chemistry. It's great to have 5 senior pitchers.

The new coach has injected some enthusiasm. He's trying to simultaneously have a successful 2004 while he builds up the program. He's put 18 players on the jv team and split them into 2 squads. They'll be getting a lot more work than the previous jv guys did.

Thanks for asking about Adam. He's doing fine and is excited about the upcoming season.

I need to shut up. After all, this is a Rockwood thread :lol: .

Hope our paths will cross sometime this spring or summer.