Which part of the state has the best teams

bulldawgs#1

This post is pointless and brings down teams pride. West Tenn. teams might be the better teams, who cares. Each high school program works hard every year to get better. Each high school teams have seniors that wont play anymore basketball in high school. Just think about the post before you write them, and think about the teams your bringing down.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is pointless and brings down teams pride. West Tenn. teams might be the better teams, who cares. Each high school program works hard every year to get better. Each high school teams have seniors that wont play anymore basketball in high school. Just think about the post before you write them, and think about the teams your bringing down.

no, its just a fact Memphis has the best schools...HANDS DOWN

quit whining

on the whole, no region or city can compete with memphis

Your right, you want a cookie? Lettme guess, you don't play H.S. basketball do you? Well then you have no right posting things in here and bringing other teams down, but I guess well wait till state and see if Memphis wins all the boys state games, from the private schools up to 3a. Bragging gets you nowhere my friend. Just make sure the hole your digging isn't too deep for you to crawl out of.

But Ridgeway is minus Byars. Wooddale is good this year, but notice I said traditionally or something like that

They are having a great year, true. But normally we dont consider them in the upper echelon of Memphis hoops

Wooddale has *COMPLETELY* turned their program around under Johnson, though. Sure, they used to be awful, but I think tradition changes when you bring in a coach of his caliber. He turned down the head coaching position of his alma mater this summer to stay at Wooddale.

Sure, Ridgeway is without Byars. Have been all year. They are still very good, probably the third best AAA team in the city and one of the top 5-10 in the state. And Wooddale swept them.

Let me put this simply. If Thomas Johnson stays at Wooddale long enough, you will consider them in the upper echelon. They're one of a short list of city teams that actually plays good sound help-side man defense and runs a real offense.

Yes, I agree traditionally west tn has the best teams and put out the most big time players.

But, this year I would put:

AAA LaVergne, Riverdale, Wilson Central, Oakland, Shelbyville, Glencliff, Clarksville NE, Clarksville NW

AA Giles County, MLK

A Gordonsville, Pickett Co., Forest, Goodpasture, CPA

DII Brentwood Academy, BGA, MBA

against the top whatever in West and be very competitive.

East is strong as well.

Each region can make a case for their basketball being the best but as a mainstay West has been predominately better.

Edited by Coach2001