7AAA

hjchargers

Hey Guys,

It softball season again and I was just wanting to know who is going to be the #1 team in the district this year. I hear Cookeville and Riverdale has some new coaching and that Oakland and Blackman have lost some good "key" players. What do you think will be the final outcome of this season? Who are some players that are interested in playing college ball from all the teams? Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my final outcome...

riverdale

cookeville

oakland

lebanon

blackman

warren co.

siegal

sparta

i heard riverdales coach comes from coffee co. and he brought his pitcher. they have always been a great ball team in the past. lets just see how well they do with the coaching change.

i honestly think cookeville is going to return to being one of the best teams in the district this year. they have always played a tough competitive game and i've seen some of their players. they've got some good talent on the mound, behind the plate, and in short stop. dont blow it in the distict tourny guys!

oakland i heard lost some players to siegal, but i never underestimate them. they have always been a great team and i look forward to watching them play this season.

Lebanon has lost some of their edge, in my opinion. but im sure they are gonna be just as good as they have been in seasons past. they lost their awesome short-stop, but im sure they can recover.

blackman is a toss-up w/ lebanon. both are good teams, but i havent really heard anything too shocking about them. they too have some talent behind the plate. im sure they do just fine this season.

Warren Co. has been getting better. in the past, you could kill them. now, they are becoming more of a fierce team. i look forward to seeing what new talent they bring this season.

siegal is new. thats all there is to say. after all, they might come in first in districts. who knows?

and last...sparta. haha. good luck this season guys!

From these two posts Oakland is being highly underestimated. It will be a battle between them and Riverdale for the district crown. The loss of the players to Siegel is not going to effect them until next year. They have the best hitter in the district and a pitcher with a ton of post season experience.

Riverdale shouldn't have to score more than three runs to win almost all of the games they play. The one two punch at pitcher is going to make them dangerous every game they play.

Both Oakland and Riverdale got coaches from Coffee County and the two know each other extremely well. It is going to be fun to watch them battle it out.

My pick:

Oakland

Riverdale

Lebanon

Blackman

Cookeville

Siegel

Warren Co.

White Co.

I think Riverdale will win the regular season district title, but Oakland has more post season experience and will win the district tournamnet. I think this marks the year that district 7AAA begins to take over as a much tougher district top to bottom than 8AAA. Time will tell.

How many players came with the "Big Guy" from Coffee County?

Are all of the players eligible according to TSSAA?

What do the people of Coffee County think about this situation?

The District 7-AAA should be very competitive this season with several teams having a shot come tournament time.

Good luck to everyone and may the best team come out on top!!!

My personal opinion on Riverdale is they should be playing D II because the rest of the teams in the district are not able to recruit top notch players, but that is just my opinion.

What is the opinion of other people on this subject, both Rutherford and Coffee County softball fans.

Edited by oneandonlyone

Oneandonlyone, To answer your question-2 players followed Raider1 to Riverdale. The two players are very GOOD kids & will be an asset to the warrior team. As a parent,raising a daughter to play fastpitch softball-one must make the best choices to further their childs career. Thats all these parents are guilty of! they moved to Rutherford County to follow a PROVEN coach because they want their daughters to be noticed in the softball arena-that is how you get a scholarship these days! One of the players was Coffee's starting pitcher as a Freshman & this girl has Scholarship written all over her! The other player is a talented athlete that can play any position on the field. These girls have worked very hard in their lives & do not deserve to be the center of contraversy on this net! There is also no rift between Coffee Co. & Riverdale-Would Coffee Co. love to have these players back?-For sure! Will Coffee Co. carry on the tradition that Raider1 started at that school?-For sure! Does Coffee Co. hope that it makes the regionals to face Riverdale?-For sure! Does Raider1 dislike his former team?-No, or he would change his handle to Warrior1. Quit trying to start contraversy between the fans of the 2 schools because it only hurts the feelings of the 2 transfers & like I said before they both are GOOD kids! Look out district 7AAA-Raider1 took Coffee Co. from nothing to state contender in a few years & everyone knows that Rutherford Co. is a hotbed for producing athletes. I say in 2 years Riverdale football will not be the only talk of the town! Goingdeep

It seems to me that Blackman and Oakland are being way underestimated this year. Yes, Riverdale added two new players and a new coach. Oakland also added a Coffee Co. coach who knows Breeden very well and takes away the "coaching" advantage Riverdale might have. Blackman can boast two power hitters in Hicks and Gregory and a stand up defense. They also swept Oakland in regular season last year. Oakland loss to Siegel will have no effect until next year, as they still have four members last year's all-district team and two who should have been. They will have one of the best hitting teams in the state, with Hodge, Ayers, and Boyce, as well as several contact hitters with good speed. Riverdale can claim Vaught and Catalano as their go-to people, but both Blackman and Oakland have several strong pitchers each. District 7AAA should be a good one this year, most likely dominated by Murfreesboro teams (don't count out Siegel just yet.) Here's my look:

Oakland

Riverdale

Blackman

Cookeville

Lebanon

Siegel

Warren Co.

White Co.

Goingdeep,

One question and Im just wondering, not trying to start problems.

Is it okay to leave a team or program if your coach is not proven?

And a couple of comments! If the pitcher is as good as you say and has scholarship written all over her - dont you think she would get the same recognition at Coffee County or any other school. Once again not trying to start trouble Im just wondering! You are obviously a big fan of the coach, but your comments lead me to believe that Coffee County will not survive. I tend to disagree.

Edited by blue14devils

Coffee County will be just fine without the two transfers even the pitcher I do not believe any team depends on just one or two players if they do then they are sure to lose. It takes nine to win and nine to lose it takes the girls on the side line to cheer the ones on the field on, and some of them are replacements and others will be learning for the day when the ones on the field move on. Each girl is important to the team and Coffee County will rise to the challenge. And Riverdale will be just fine, they have a good coach and very good athelets. So I do not believe anyone was saying Coffee County will not successed. I also believe that these post should be moved to the 8AAA board, Coffee County might have something to add.