Georgia 5A Brackets

RMC

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Georgia AAAA wrestling, I would like to give a shout out to my boys at LaFayette High School. They won the AAAA state duals (first state title for LaFayette High since 1976, boys golf) and finished runner-up in the traditional regionals, qualifying 9 for the traditional state. For those of you from the Chattanooga area, you guys know how tough that area is in wrestling. Good job guys. Eventhough I'm 180 miles away, I still keep my eye on yuns. Good luck at state from an old Rambler!!! By the way, good luck Region 5 at State (TSSAA)

Edited by kevinlhs37

Speaking of Georgia AAAA wrestling, I would like to give a shout out to my boys at LaFayette High School. They won the AAAA state duals (first state title for LaFayette High since 1976, boys golf) and finished runner-up in the traditional regionals, qualifying 9 for the traditional state. For those of you from the Chattanooga area, you guys know how tough that area is in wrestling. Good job guys. Eventhough I'm 180 miles away, I still keep my eye on yuns. Good luck at state from an old Rambler!!! By the way, good luck Region 5 at State (TSSAA)

North Georgia has really grown since the late 70's. I believe the Chattanooga area has inspired this area.

Congrats!!!

soms :rolleyes:

By the way, This is one reason Georgia wrestling gets PBS coverage. Would someone in the state of Tennessee like to top this evaluation of Georgia's state tournament??? Check this one out. Amazing stuff...

http://www.georgiawrestling.net/2004/berg_...eport_state.php

Any takers? ...like, walkenvol, sly, BofW, Hamm, the GReenville guy, Gripper, reftn, LAUDERDALE, kdxdude, sundancer, papbear3, glovebox27, headtap1, LovinIt, lovetowrestle, ArtusCimber, MLK, texas23, CougarWrestling, stovepipe, usfjim, CoachBray??? If not, what about Irishdad joining back in?

Legman is the best at evaluation, I believe, but I don't see him making the time unfortunately.

Hey Sommers,

Some of us North Georgians like to claim Chattanooga as ours. We're just loaning to the state of Tennessee. ;) Seriously, having wrestled in that area and having coached and officiated in Middle Tennessee, I would have to say, that region (Chattanooga and North Georgia) is the best wrestling in the Southeast. LaFayette's region alone is a back breaker. Six teams that are ranked in the top ten in the state are out of that region. I've wrestled it...it's tough!!!! Then you through single A schools like Trion and Armuchee and then all of the history of the Chattanooga area schools. I honestly believe that is why Middle Tennessee will have a tough time catching up with Chattanooga. There is not that caliber of compeition that is close by (out of state).