Zach Dunn's comments

OCHSAces

Zach Dunn is a very good kid and Marty Carpenter, whom I have known for over 20 years, is one heck of a guy and coach.

This was a newspaper article. A reporter asking a kid about an athletic contest he had just competed in. He answered them honestly and in no way came across a jerk.

Some of you people read into it, and everything else you read, what you want to. Some of you people just live to be critical of others.

Zach and Marty, Good Luck at state! Do not let these goofs get to you!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no horse in the race. except i meet mr. dunn at a tournament earlier this year he wrestled a young man from our local team and won and was very complementary of or wrestler when he found out he was only a 14 year old freshman. in fact he talked to and encouraged or young wrestler. i thought this was a very kind and wonderful act by mr. dunn this i believe may demonstrate this young mans true character.

Marty Carpenter is a saint. You ask anyone in region 2 about Marty Carpenter, and they will tell you that he is a class act. Zach and Marty both were just being honest. Can you blame them? I wrestled for Marty and know Zach very well. Marty taught me everything I know and has been like a father to me. Zach deserved a better chance. The bear hug is not the only move he can do; he is a good wrestler. He placed 2nd at Bradley this year. I agree with both Coach Carpenter and Zach that Reveiz avoided the move (I probably would have too) and hindered Zach's opportunity at best wrestler. The ref should have called stalling more and talked to the kids to encourage wrestling. I voted for Zach anyway. He is without question the hardest working high school wrestler that I have ever seen, and was a dominating 189 this year, that's why he's got my vote. I have seen him run almost two miles to school. Then after wrestling and workouts run to Arby's to work. Please don't say anything negative about either Coach or Zach. If you ever get to meet them, you will see that they are two of the nicest people around. I don't like to see this kind of negative response to them. Good Luck to Zach at state. I hope I get a chance to see him wrestle Saturday night.

Thanks

Justin Ridge

Head Wrestling Coach

Greenback High School

To Zach and Coach Carpenter,

Several people have taken the time to stand up for you and that certainly is appropriate and I commend them for taking the time to do so. They were offended, just as I was trying to indicate the other wrestler and his fans were probably offended by your remarks in the Maryville paper. It is good to know that you are good people and the quotes in the paper are simply a poor choice of words after a heated match. I apologize to you and I certainly wish you the best at the state tournament this weekend. Please let me encourage you to look at your words in the article from an opponents viewpoint and see if it may offend others, irregardless of your intent. If so, take the time to apologize to them. My point of the thread was to get people to realize how other others perceive our actions and words may be as important as the actions and words themselves.