Lewis County Basketball

fadeaway

I heard the LCMS Lady Raiders made it to the semifinals this past weekend and lost a heartbreaker by 2 points. This 8th grade group should be big contributors to the Lady Panthers next year. Congratulations on a great year.

Is there any truth that Mrs. Lee and Coach Smith are both retiring from coaching? If so, who are their replacements going to be. Those are definitely some big shoes to fill as they both have traditionally strong progams and successful coaching careers.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Raiders and Lady Raiders on a good season. I listened to many of your games and you all made the folks in Hohenwald very proud. I have also heard both coaches are hanging it up after successful careers and there have been lots of names mentioned around me about possible replacements. Here are some of the names I have heard mentioned the past month or so that would have a realistic shot at one of the jobs:

Broadway, G. Craig, Cox, W. Duncan, Fite, Helton, K. Hinson, Keltner(s), Lawson, M. McKissack, Mullinicks, L. Riley, Rodgers, H. Spears, Stanley, S. Thompson, Wills, and an unnamed football coach who will also do LCMS football (possibly B. Skelton).

Isn't is strange that all coaches are leaving this year? Is there trouble in Lewis County? Plus, both teams did well this year, but I wouldn't think that the coaches would want to leave on this past seasaon. I mean they did well, but it isn't like they won or anything. The girls lucked up and beat Chetham Co. and the boys got beat by them. It also sounds like there is a lot of possible replacements for the jobs (unless the previous post was a joke). Is there that many talented coaches running around Lewis County? Good luck to Lewis County in their time of change.

Stepback3 I think you don't know what your talking about. The boys and girls teams were very successful and luck was not involved in either of the games. Chetem County should have lost to the boys and our girls whipped them good. As far as teh names listed I don't know if there a joke or not but I have heard only about 4 of them said as possible coaches next year. I dont even know if either of the coaches are leaving or not.

stepbackandburythethree...... You must have your facts a little confused. You stated " I mean they did well but it's not like they won or anything " . The Lady Raiders advanced farther than any other middle school girls team from LC , and yes they got beat by Cheatham but you failed to mention it was in the STATE SEMI-FINAL game. I'd consider that a great year. And the Raiders did get beat by Cheatham Co. but once again you failed to mention that they got beat in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game , and finished with a 22-3 record. I think that would be considered winning in anyones eyes. Now for Mr. Honesty.....some of these names must be a joke. I mean come on .... Craig, Duncan, Mullininks, Fite, Wills. Keep us updated though,lol. And support the Lady Panthers and Panthers in our district tournament.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you Lewis Countians. I have to admit that I am not that familiar with the LC program, but the only time I have came into contact with them was last week. I will say that both teams showed great sportsmanship, along with all coaches and fans. They had one of, if not the biggest crowds at Central. Also, I just assumed that if both teams made it that far this year, wouldn't their program be as strong if not stronger next year? If they have improved this much, think of what they could achieve in the next several years. Just my opinion though. I was very impressed with the style of play both teams showed off in the tournament as well. I still can't believe that Lewis Co., as small as it is, has 10 possible coaches just waiting to fill in for the possible vacancies. No harm meant, guess I was just commenting on a thread that I didn't have enough prior knowledge to type on. Sorry. Seriously though, good luck to both teams and their program changes for next year. Maybe we will see ya again at state!

LCHSCHICK: I have not partaken in any of the slandering that goes on here, but since you have called me out. I must defend myself. Yes, I am a Lewis Countain through and through and have not forgotten where my roots are. I just find it odd that you have called me, my name a joke! Have you played for me? No, have you seen me coach, NO. Then how can you call me a joke? I guess the only joke would be that you can get on here and bash people and hide, like a coward behind a login name and not come out about who you are? Now, I am very qualified and if you don't think so then just drive up 33 miles and watch my teams. I would love to play any of your teams, but they want schedule us. Now I am not interested in the job, because I have a great job and I am loaded with talent year in and year out. But please think before you speak. Everyone on that list is qualified they might just be a great coach, without your bashing

FACTS : 1. Mrs Lee has resigned as LCMS girls coach.

2. Mullinicks, Stanley, Thompson, and Wills have withdrew there names as

possible replacements.

3. Both boys and girls had seasons to be proud of.

SPECULATIONS : 1. The Four Horsemen are finished at the middle

level. Possibly looking to move up to the next level.

2. Strength is a qualified coach for the position.. perhaps

maybe football , but basketball ???

3. H.Spears, isn't his name mentioned for all coaching openings

FICTION : 1. Helton , Skelton , Craig , Rodgers , Fite