District 10AA tournament

IheartWurdUp!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed the link on the baseball thread. I hope you have better coordination when your seaon starts. Anyway, it sounds like yall have a pretty good little baseball team down there. Tyler Smith must play baseball too, because there is no sport that is complete with out Tyler Smith. I'm glad that baseball is such a popular sport in tennessee, otherwise nobody would give a crap. :)

Sorry there bud I am from Giles Co. I am done with High School and I am playing at the next level. I just support the schools in the district and I know we have great athletes and teams that district 10 doesn't have. You guys have some good athletes but overall district 9 is better. Oh by the way alot of people in tennessee care about baseball, you guys don't because we whoop you all. You guys are lucky Fairview got moved form that district or they would have won the last three district titles in baseball and been really competetive in basketball. Also don't hate on tyler smith, he is the best player in this region without a doubt, there is no player in that district that can stop Tyler and Giles. If you stop Tyler then the rest of the team will beat you and I know Tyler wouldnt argue with that.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Wow Garry, I didn't know Dixie Youth had a 19-20 year old league. My bad though one big standout is better than 6 or so just normal standouts. YOUR RIGHT AGAIN about baseball. It is so popular in the state, that is why we have a major league basketball, football, INDOOR football, and HOCKEY TEAM?!?!?. This is a football and basketball town. I'm being a good sport and not giving a football history lesson. Lets keep this thread on topic mmk, thanks.

Haha real funny about the dixie youth thing, but i do play college ball so if you want to make jokes go ahead, its a chance you will never have. District 9 will dominate and that is just facts wait a week and you will see. oh yeah i guess you haven't noticed that the nashville sounds have been around since the 70's and back in the 70's and 80's use to sellout every game and once they get a new stadium built will also draw more people. It is about longevity, we won't have a hockey team here in thirty years, probably not a basketball team, heck if the Titans go on a bad losing streak we might not have a football team. So until those teams have stayed around as long as baseball then talk. About the standouts, it wasn't Tyler Smith who lead Giles to the State last year it was the play by their seniors that did. So if you want to talk make sure you have a background on it

Now back to basketball, district 10 has some decent teams, but compared to district 9 and the rest of the state it is really weak. District 10 would get killed if you played the teams out west, 9 will play them close and will win 50% of the time.

so Gerry, you graduated from h.s and you still come talk trash on the message boards? gee, college life must keep you busy, i cant wait to get there. What are you talking about our district wont win any game other than our 1 vs 4? Distrcit 9 has 1 outstanding team, 1 good team and then what? Somewhere on the board i think i read that page is the #3 seed. Im not sure but if so, who are they going to beat from our district once we find out the winners from the first round? The teams in our distrcit may not be able to beat giles, but what makes lewis so unbeatable? We have 4-5 SOLID teams in our district and thats more than what you can say, or more than what most people form the state can say and its just too bad we all have to be in the same district. and this is not a baseball thread so no one cares about what you have to say towards that. And i just found out that compared to page, marshall county, loretto, fairview and lewis co. that our distrcit is weak and that we could beat none of those teams.well, we'll see what happens in the tourney, good luck.

Edited by KingCub00

. oh yeah i guess you haven't noticed that the nashville sounds have been around since the 70's and back in the 70's and 80's use to sellout every game and once they get a new stadium built will also draw more people.

Gerry,

I thought you might find this interesting since you seem to be quite the history buff or old enough to remember all of this. Since the Titans have been here they avg. over 1 million tickets sold each regular season with only eight home games. The Sounds reached an ALL TIME ATTENDANCE RECORD last year with just under 400 thousand with more than 80 home games played. But who's keeping track right?? I totally agree with you the Titans are out and Nashville's all time favorite team the Sounds are in :D

But anyway, back to basketball Cheatham, Harpeth, Sycamore and Waverly will be the 4 teams representing 10aa in regions. There is no way to tell who will come out on top but I will say that the three cheatham county teams will finish in the top 3 spots for this district. With hopefully Sycamore on top goin to play district 9's awesome 4 seed.