Greeneville

gvdevils

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game tonight against Cocke County and I now know why people were talking after the Science Hill game, just not sure why not on here. Greeneville is in complete turmoil. Not sure who's really running this team anymore, but it's not the coach. Greeneville is two at most three games away from elimination. I've seen some of this "show" over the years but this team is at an all time low. Thursday will probably be ugly. The patients are running the asylum.

Call me stupid. Arent the devils winning? Do they not have a deep and talented team? Do they not have a good coach? Are there some parents/boosters who are upset because things arent being done the way they used to be?? Well, Duh, there's a new sheriff in town and the new coach has the right to do things his way.

What am I missing here??

Edited by JimmyChitwood

Call me stupid. Arent the devils winning? Do they not have a deep and talented team? Do they not have a good coach? Are there some parents/boosters who are upset because things arent being done the way they used to be?? Well, Duh, there's a new sheriff in town and the new coach has the right to do things his way.

What am I missing here??

Yes, the devils have won something like 10 in a row, and yes they are deep and talented, the coaching situation is still a big ?, and no I don't think it has anything to do with parents/boosters wanting things the way it was. Just wait and see, I think the shell has come off of this egg, and it is getting really messy. The sheriff needs to show some discipline. Someone on another thread talked about Jefferson playing as a team, that is what Greeneville needs, and needs now! Actually, the name sheriff is not a good choice, it's called a COACH, a sheriff is a political term. And that's more what is being practiced than coaching. We had the politics, now it's time to coach that talented group of kids and deal with the bad attitudes.

I wasn't able to attend the Science Hill game but was at the Mo West game and saw this team play better than I have ever seen them. What gives... 2 less than stellar performances and now the team is in turmoil? I am pretty sure they were caught off guard by Cocke County's physical (aka brutal) defense. I believe they still whipped up on them pretty bad. I still think they can take Jeff County like they did last time. Burkey can get them up for it.

Edited by barb

are these bad attitudes from all the players; the young ones or the old ones?

usually a teams attitude is a reflection of their coaches attitude.

This isn't a young vs. old problem. It isn't a playing time issue for these players. The ? that is not due to coaching knowledge, it's probably one of the best in all of TN. One bad apple doesn't have to spoil the whole bunch, but if you let it set there and rot, then the rest of the apples begin to stink as well. I don't think that his teams in the past have had to deal with this type of problem. Those that played for him wanted to play and wanted to win, and as a team. Sometimes lifes lessons are not all about wins/losses, but rather about respect and Community.

One bad apple doesn't have to spoil the whole bunch, but if you let it set there and rot, then the rest of the apples begin to stink as well. I don't think that his teams in the past have had to deal with this type of problem. Those that played for him wanted to play and wanted to win, and as a team. Sometimes lifes lessons are not all about wins/losses, but rather about respect and Community.

I really don't think it is fair to blame poor performance on one "bad apple" I think Lynn Burkey has been around long enough to know how to cull out the bad apples. He didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Some of the girls have had lackluster performances against sub par opponents. They have had too much down time right here at the end of the season. Lyons has been playing hurt for a couple of weeks and McKnight has been pretty sick. Freeman has a tendancy to get into foul trouble early and everyones defense is keying on Manuel and keeping her off the boards. Maybe Alex White should take a few more shots to open up the inside game. The defense is as sound as ever, probably the best in the region. I think you will still see Greeneville and Daniel Boone in the sub-state the only question will be seeding.