Hixson to be reported to TSSAA

DelTavian

Reports I have state that the Grundy game at Hixson last night ended ugly. Hixson fans threw items on the floor in the fourth quarter when Grundy was making a rally. More items came on the floor and the refs called the game with around 2:00 to go.

From all accounts the refs did a good job during the games.

After the games the Grundy fans were surrounded trying to get out of the gym. One black student had a knife and was threatening Grundy players and fans. The Hixson principal did nothing to control the situation nor did the school resource officer.

As the team and coaches were getting on the bus one of the black referees told our assistant coach, "Get your trashy white a__ on the bus." He is being reported to the TSSAA as well.

One of our coaches was struck as well by of course a sucker punch because the culprit didn't have guts enough to take him straight on.

Why is it that when schools with large black populations come to Grundy nobody bothers them but when Grundy goes there we get harrassed, cussed, threatened, racially attacked and threatend with knives and nothing is done by school officials or law enforcement?

Hixson could have really cost themselves last night when this is done.

Del (who's glad he took the night off and went to the movies.)

Edited by DelTavian

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things didn't go well a couple of weeks ago when Walker Valley went to Hixson either. Hixson players and coaches tried to get into the WV locker room before the game started. Heated arguements and threats took place. A Hixson fan made verbal threats during the game and had to be tended to by a cop. The WV team left as a team and nothing else happened that I know of. It made for a VERY intense game tho. The referee's were awful toward WV...probably out of fear of the Hixson crowd.

this seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed pronto ! security at games appears to be minimal or non-exsistant . given the way crowds behave at intensely contested games, school officials (at both schools) ought to be diligent and ready to respond quickly to situations that get out of hand .we live in a world today that is unpredictable and violent as a result of living in a permissive and unrestrained society . sportsmanship in most cases is a thing of the past . coaches and school officials should always be in contol and responsible. tssaa should be notified and action taken to stop any incident at all sporting or any school events.surely tssaa already has a policy in effect now to deal with these situations!

Edited by browniemagee

DelTavian, it didnt go down quite like what you have heard. First, trash wasn't thrown out on the court, it was a small plastic basketball after Toby Woodley tackled Josh Green. Second, Grundy wasn't making a rally, Hixson was in complete control with a lead of 11 with Josh Green, I believe, on the free throw line with 51.2 seconds left on the clock, not 2 minutes.

Okay moving on to the post game festivities. The Grundy fans(who were only the parents), who were the cause of most of the commotion, and the players were not surrounded or hindered to leave by anybody. Some fans from Hixson were just standing outside the front door. Things erupted when an older man got in one of the faces of a former black student from Hixson. You mentioned a school resource officer not being there, which I didn't see at the time(maybe because he was taking the person who "had a knife" off to jail), but I did see around 10 police officers trying to push the Grundy crowd away from the school but were faced with strong resistance. I think I might have even seen one police officer pull a can of pepper spray on the Grundy fans, but I might be wrong.

Also, the referees didn't say a word to the coaches because they left as soon as they called the game when a powerade bottle came onto the floor. I did't see where it came from or how it got there. And I don't think one of your coaches was really hit, maybe bumped because I never saw anybody fall to the ground.

Edited by barnburner

Del (who's glad he took the night off and went to the movies.)

Yea they are pretty different, one story is always right and one is always wrong. But who would you believe, an eyewitness or a person that heard about it from another person who heard about it from somebody else? I am no expert but it would seem more reasonable to listen to the person who was there.

My previous post was by no means an excuse for what Hixson fans were involved in but Grundy was just as involved and just as responsible. This was not one attack from one school on some innocent bystander.

Edited by barnburner

Well I wasn't there but got a report early this morning. And yes I'm sure our bunch had things to say. But talking and punching or threatening with a knife is much different than talking. A little of me wishes I had been there with my video camera. Then the real details would be on film.

But I don't believe anyone from Hixson was hit and no one from Grundy had a knife out.

Should be interesting how this plays out.

Del (who's still glad he went to the movies. 50 First Dates is better than a fight at a basketball game any day.)