Top TN 2004 Short Stops

HiwasseeVol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. AT THIS LEVEL, YOU WANT A KID WHO CAN MAKE ROUTINE PLAYS, WHO HAS YOUR BEST INFIELD ARM, AND CAN TURN THE DOUBLE PLAY. AS YOU GO HIGHER, YOU START TO LOOK MORE AT ATHLETICISM, FOOTWORK, HANDS, HOW GOOD ARE THEY AROUND THE BAG, ETC.... A KID CAN BE A VERY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL SHORTSTOP- BUT BE AN AVERAGE PLAYER ON THE GRAND SCALE OF THINGS. AS FOR BATES, I AM SURE HE WILL VERY GOOD FOR THE BEARS. BUT FROM A STANDPOINT OF RECRUITING HIM TO BE A EVERYDAY SS AT THE NEXT LEVEL, I DONT THINK SO..... NOW, HE MAY JUST PROVE ME WRONG AND BE THE NEXT JAY HOOD......

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. AT THIS LEVEL, YOU WANT A KID WHO CAN MAKE ROUTINE PLAYS, WHO HAS YOUR BEST INFIELD ARM, AND CAN TURN THE DOUBLE PLAY. AS YOU GO HIGHER, YOU START TO LOOK MORE AT ATHLETICISM, FOOTWORK, HANDS, HOW GOOD ARE THEY AROUND THE BAG, ETC.... A KID CAN BE A VERY GOOD HIGH SCHOOL SHORTSTOP- BUT BE AN AVERAGE PLAYER ON THE GRAND SCALE OF THINGS. AS FOR BATES, I AM SURE HE WILL VERY GOOD FOR THE BEARS. BUT FROM A STANDPOINT OF RECRUITING HIM TO BE A EVERYDAY SS AT THE NEXT LEVEL, I DONT THINK SO..... NOW, HE MAY JUST PROVE ME WRONG AND BE THE NEXT JAY HOOD......

Redman-- you look like a lowlife on this board... what kind of grown man that is a coach of High School baseball can go bashing on a starting shortstop for a highschool team? You obviously show some kind of jealiousy that you do not have a good enough shortstop at your school, whatever it might be... I play summer ball with Taylor Bates, and he is a quality middle infielder. With all the work he has put in and the success he has had he should be on this list. He plays in the TOUGHEST division in Tennessee High School Baseball, and he managed to lead the region's shortstops in batting average. Even if you do think that he is not worthy of this prestigous list, why would u state your opinion for everyone to see? It makes everyone think lesser of you, and could make some people angered. Until you get a good shortstop for your team, keep it to yourself.

5eagle, first of all, I havent bashed anyone. Unless you cant read very well, I told you he was good-not great. Second of all, I could care less what anyone thinks. This was a discussion open to anyone the last time I checked. So if you cannot take part in this without getting your feelings hurt, then I suggest you go back to worrying about other things.