Sequatchie County

Bill#49

As I understand the situation $$$$$$$$$ is not the problem, so what is it?

Don't kid yourself. Money is an issue.

Double the salary, and see who applies if the position is re-posted. I promise you more people would apply.

Sequatchie County and other rural schools will always have difficulty attracting particular candidates because of the salary. Bill, you probably meant that money wasn't the reason you think people have turned down the job. But money is probably one of the factors.

Are there other factors in addition to money? Obviously.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the team be having a Spring Practice?? 

That was one of my concerns about not getting someone hired before school was out so any new schemes could be put in and ran a little before fall practice starts.

Where oes Sequatchie County go from here? #1 and #2 candidates turned you down.

Will you be hiring Bubba Simmons, Jon Calhoun, Coach B., or Tidwell?

Do you open the process up again and start fresh?

What makes you think anyone else will put there name in that didn't already if you do?

Why did these candidates turn you down?

If you hire someone to be the head coach, will you let them be the head coach or will the higher ups in Sequatchie try to put there two cents in?

As I understand the situation $$$$$$$$$ is not the problem, so what is it?

You not like my previous topic Sequatchie? You delete that?

Which part did you not like? The one about the higher ups, I shouldn't say higher up I should say influential business people in Dunlap, sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making. You know who they are as well as I do. ;);):D

Edited by Bill#49

The word I have is the Committee is going to meet again today. What is going to be the decision they make? Look for another coach on the current list? Open the process back up? I figured with all the football knowledge in that community they could have made a decision and found someone to take the job by know ;) . I was suprised when I found out they did not interview Tim Taylor for the position. He applied for the position I know. He was 4-0 vs Sequatchie in his time at Marion Co. Tim was selected as Offensive Coordinator for the East in the East-West Shrine All-Star Game. He will be the head coach for the East in this year's game. He has never had a losing season as Head Coach and was an assistant on the 95 MCHS state championship team. Tim is an excellent coach and person.I feel like he should have been considered for the job. I feel it was a political process and now it has backfired with the guy they wanted to take the job in the first place, Ross, I know his link to a few on the committee but will keep quiet on that, turning it down. Choice 2, Wes Green turns it down so now what ? SCHS needs to make a decision and move forward the time to Spring Practice is closing in fast.

You not like my previous topic Sequatchie? You delete that?

Which part did you not like? The one about the higher ups, I shouldn't say higher up I should say influential business people in Dunlap, sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making. You know who they are as well as I do. B)B)B)

I deleted it but I had no problem with it. It was just the same as what you had posted in this topic I didn't think there was a reason to start a new thread.

The one about the higher ups, I shouldn't say higher up I should say influential business people in Dunlap, sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making.

I don't think there is very many "business" people sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making or the football program in general!! I have been a member of QB Club for 4 years now and only a half dozen if that ever show up and its like pulling teeth to get businesses to donate $25 for a little ad in the program much less anything else to do with it team or coach!

I think everyone really liked the coach but his play calling at times was questionable if he would have got say an offensive coordinator or changed his offensive scheme he would still be the coach thats my take on what my self and others that I have talked with believe!

Bill I think you should tell us who the head coach will be. A week ago you knew who it was. Your good source must not have been as good as you thought. You are obviously from Dunlap (or close by) so why do you want to be so negative? If you want the truth about the whole situation I would be glad to discuss it via PM's. The salary is a huge obsticale when trying to hire any coach at any of the valley schools. We have great facilities, good kids and a growing community. If the salary was competitive at all there would have been twice as many applicants and the job would already be filled.

You not like my previous topic Sequatchie?  You delete that?

Which part did you not like?  The one about the higher ups, I shouldn't say higher up I should say influential business people in Dunlap, sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making.  You know who they are as well as I do. B)  B)  B)

I deleted it but I had no problem with it. It was just the same as what you had posted in this topic I didn't think there was a reason to start a new thread.

I don't think there is very many "business" people sticking their noses in the head coaches decision-making or the football program in general!! I have been a member of QB Club for 4 years now and only a half dozen if that ever show up and its like pulling teeth to get businesses to donate $25 for a little ad in the program much less anything else to do with it team or coach!

I think everyone really liked the coach but his play calling at times was questionable if he would have got say an offensive coordinator or changed his offensive scheme he would still be the coach thats my take on what my self and others that I have talked with believe!

Sequatchie you and I may have had our differences on this board but I do respect you and understand how hard it is for small schools to find coaches who understand what it is like in a small community. I think Wes would have been a great asset for you guys. He is a very well liked and respected coach who would have gotten the kids out of the hallways and on the playing field. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for whatever reason.

I know the group who is in charge will find the best possible coach for the young people in Sequatchie County. Thank you for putting up with my off-the-wall comments at times. Isn't the USA great where we can get on boards like this and voice our opionions and not feel like we will be castrated for saying the wrong thing.

Good luck to the Indians!!!!!!!!!!! ;);););)

Sequatchie I would not worry about him. He was offered the job first and turned it down. He is an assistant coach at Adairsville in GA. Pretty good AA program down there. I heard that the committee met last night to decide on a course of action. Does anyone know what they came up with. Are they going to offer the job to Coach Barger or another coach that was originally interviewed? Will it be opened back up? Will they interview Coach Taylor this time? How about some info tn98nc I know you are in the"know"!! :)

Sequatchie I would not worry about him. He was offered the job first and turned it down. He is an assistant coach at Adairsville in GA. Pretty good AA program down there. I heard that the committee met last night to decide on a course of action. Does anyone know what they came up with. Are they going to offer the job to Coach Barger or another coach that was originally interviewed? Will it be opened back up? Will they interview Coach Taylor this time? How about some info tn98nc I know you are in the"know"!! :)

Surely they would not offer the job back to someone who had...

1. Taken the job already

2. Started breaking down film from last year

3. Then called and told them he was not interested