Top 10 DI Coaches in our state.

tnranker

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know all the coaches names or correct spelling so I'll just list schools.

1. Bradley Central

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Franklin

4. Science Hill

5. Farragut

6. Union County

7. Kenwood

8. Collierville

9. Brentwood

10. Tie Clarksville. Greenback (beat a lot of larger schools)

Some of the aforementioned schools didn't have great team success due to new programs and small numbers but did have outstanding individuals and some didn't have great individual success but good team success.I'm sure there is plenty of room for argument but from my perspective this is how I rank them.

Edited by fwc00

I have to throw out Coach Chad Nikazy, of Centennial. I don't know if he's one of the top 10 in the state, but I do know that he's a great coach. Our team kinda got "shafted" last year when we were given a coach who wrestled one season in high school. They hired him primarily as a football coach, but gave him the head wrestling coach position with it so that we'd have somebody after coach Peck left. The first meeting we had he asked how many minutes were in a period. So needless to say, we coached ourselves through the season last year. Then Nikazy was hired for this season, and he's turned the team around. He made this team a competitor again by reestablishing discipline and order. He has done a great job coaching and teaching us what to do on and off the mat. He's already done a great deal for the Centennial team, and we all thank him for that. If being able to turn a team around like he did doesn't make a great coach, then I don't know what

Edited by Likeachamp171

I know that both the SODDDY DAISY and CLEVELAND coaches encourage kids from ANY school to participate in their Spring and Summer Freestyle Programs. They both Unselfishly will spend their time developing KIDS not just their own.I believe this is good for both Wrestling and the Kids from other programs who may not have this type of coaching available during the season. Im sure there are others who do the same thing, but this makes them the top D-1 coaches in my book.

Top 4 private (no order)

Gordon Connell (McC)

Pat Simpson (FR)

Frank Simpson (MBA)

Jim Morgan (Baylor)

Top 4 public (no order)

Steve Logsdon(BC)

Steve Henry(SD)

Brad Jackson (ER)

Science Hill coach knows what he's doing, too.

Top 6 overall (no order)

Gordon Connell (McC)

Pat Simpson (FR)

Frank Simpson (MBA)

Jim Morgan (Baylor)

Steve Logsdon(BC)

Steve Henry(SD)