BEST POINT GUARD IN THE STATE?

AND1'DOUT

The best point guard I have seen play this year is Riverdale's Labrian Lyons. He is a Mr. Basketball candidate and he does things that most point guards cannot. He averages almost 20 ppg and at 6'3 210 he is not the average size for a PG. He can shoot, dribble, pass, dunk, penetrate, post up, he can do it all he is the ultimate player.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Lee is definitely one of the top point guards in the the state. He can do it all, score from anywhere on the floor, make his teammates better and makes great decisions. I guarantee you you can't find a better defensive guard in the state. Listen to this, his coach didn't even nominate him for the all district team. How does that happen?

From all the point guards I've had an oppurtunity to see play this year in the state I would have pick as the best MACK GARDNER of Lexington even though he's just a sophomore this kid can really play.  I got to see him play against Milan and he had a great game.  Seems to be able to take over and really score when he needs to.  He drops some very sweet passes as well.  Very pure shooter when he shoots the ball.  He's very unselfish, and could probably average 20 points a game if he was more selfish.  I think were he's way better than most guards is he's very smart and HAS UNBELIEVABLE COURT VISION. Keep up the good work Mack!

AND1Dout

Are you the LHSdribblingSamuraiWarrior or just kin to him? You need to go and see Kemp, Jarrett Jones, or maybe even watch Adkinsson just a little better. Mack is a good little point gaurd but not even close to these guys above. These guys carry there team to another level - winning in big games. If Adkinsson was on Lexingtons team they would probably be able to contend with the Southsides and Bolivars for the Region. And for shooting? He is getting as many or more shots that the 2 guard and QT in most of the games I have seen this year. He still has a long way to go on defense - foot speed and being short are limitations that are hard to overcome. He does make some good passes but he will have to be able to make his outside shot more on consistent basis. From what I am seeing , Gardner actually has 2 point guards. Cameron definitely is struggling from 3 point land and is a more effective drive type scorer. Two guards not able to shoot the outside shot really locks up your offense when you face zone defenses. I have heard that probably the best pg guard at Lexington is going to play next year too - Kevis Buckley. Kevis is probably the best athlete at Lexington and could really make things interesting. Mack is at best average among the 12aa teams and above average in the district 11aa.