best in AA

bsw

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A possible Oliver Springs vs. Seymour Regional Final looms Large.

Think about this, OS has played Seymour the last 2 years in the Regions.

OS and Seymour has won once with the winner advancing to the state tounrey.

OS soon to be 3 time ALL state guard Laura Hall has battled Brooke Johnson in some of their best performeances.

Against Johnson and Seymour in those two regionsal games, , Hall has averaged well over 30 points, close to 8 assists, and 8 rebounds. She scored 24 points in the 4th quarter alone last season as Seymour and OS played to a last second contest.

If both teams advance to the Region CHampionship, Look for a phenomenal game like the two previous regional games of past.

Good luck coach17 on your big game.  :angry:

What about this big freshman you have? How is she doing so far in the tournaments?

Her name is Michaela Pietrowski. Last night against Sullivan Central she showed flashes of how dominant she is going to be. Playing only two quarters she had 21 points on 9-11 shooting, grabbed 11 boards, had 3 assists , blocked 3 shots, and added 2 steals. She is a legitimate 6'2" tall and still growing. She is left handed, but shoots well with both hands in the lane. She is gaining confidence with each game and playing more aggressively. Big time Division 1 basketball is certainly a possibility for this young lady, who is also an honor roll student and talented artist. Bad news for our district foes, is she has a 7th grade sister who is already 5'11" and another sister in the first grade. Elizabethton may have a Pietrowski for the next 10 years or so!

Edited by coachh17

here's how i see it.......Seymour will beat Oliver Springs by 10.........Seymour will go on and win sub-state and earn a state berth. Oliver Springs will go to sub-state and play South Greene....and it's close to impossible to beat South Greene at home(especially at sub-state, i don't care who you are) they've only lost 5 games at home in the last 15 years. Then South Greene will beat Oliver Springs by 5 and go to the state yet again.......

Your scenario is quite possible, and the teams you mention are very good. However, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the District 1 teams, especially Unicoi County and Elizabethton. Both teams went to the substate last year, and both are better than most people think. We are used to a statewide lack of respect, but we will show up at the regional! You have to beat us to get to Seymour who I agree is probably a lock for the substate. Oliver Springs is not a sure bet, though they are a good team.

THis talk of Seymour beating Oliver Springs is very premature and amusing.

Oliver Springs and Seymour have met twice in the regionals the last two years with one win each.

THis year should be a very close game like the two previous years. Last Year, Seymour upset Oliver Springs to advance.

Remember, OS has arguably the player in the state who plays at another level when going up against big time compeition. Seymour should be well aware this and not expect this to be an easy W. If that happens, chances are the Eagles are traveling to Upper East TN come substate time.

In order to understand the future you have to understand the past. The last five years a team from District 7-AA has won the gold ball. Once they won both the gold and the silver. Livingston and Jackson County had better not be overlooked. Every year I hear about how good these teams from the east are and yet they don't make it to the big game or can't get by LA and JC. LA has played several teams from the east on their turf and only lost to Sevier Co. These two teams play one of the tougest schedules in the state so their record doesn't always look as good as some, but they always seem to be there in the end. Expect this year to be no different.

Edited by jcballfan

Seymour beat LA last year in the state so yes they can make it past them. Also, Seymour's only losses are to AAA teams Sevier Co. and Heritage. Maybe you should give a little more respect to the east. As for Seymour and OS. You can be sure the Seymour girls are not thinking they have an easy trip through OS. They both play well against each other and seem to step up their game when they play against each other. You mention Laura's numbers against Seymour. You need to check Brooke's out, some of her best games have been against them, including the regional games and the regular season game this year at OS. I would love to see both of them make it to the state. They both deserve to go. They both have great coaches and great players and are lead by two of the best players in the state in any class. Just my opinion, not wanting to start any arguments.