Bradley in State still?

athlete12

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was never a guarantee that Bradley would make it back to state with or without Kellen. It is a long tough road no matter what. Should they make it back? Yes. And if they are playing like they are capable they will be there. Kellen will be back probably for substate if they make it. Like the previous poster said, Ooltewah and Brainerd are very good teams along with Rhea and Cleveland. It will be a dogfight getting out of that region. Memphis has NOTHING on our region. I would put Rhea, Cleveland, Ooltewah, Brainerd and Bradley against anyone in the state. Good luck to the Bears!

Tnwareagle said it best. It was never gonna be easy with KP. Although they had much more talent the other 5 teams, they were not a shoe in. This region is gonna be one of the best ones ever. You can already tell just from what has gone on in the past few weeks. Cleveland upsets Bradley with KP. Ooltewah and Cleveland go to overtime. Ooltewah and Rhea down to the wire. Cleveland and Rhea in the first round controversial layup call at the buzzer. Ooltewah and Central falling down runner at the buzzer with 3 or 4 guys on him. There is no telling what will happen next week in these region games. I cant wait.

Though a tough region, I must vehemently disagree that Memphis has nothing on the region...

Memphis East couldn't even make it out of DISTRICT, with a 6'9 Mississippi State-signee, a 6'10 High Major calibur player, a D-1 prospect guard, a Top 15 soph, and another 6'7 senior...

The Region is Memphis far superior to Bradley's Region... You have White Station, Fairley, Hamilton, Wooddale, Central, Ridgeway who are all state-contenders and would dominate east-tn talent on a nightly basis (with the exception of BC), as well as Kirby and Northside teams that are on par, if not better than, Brainerd, Rhea, Ooltewah, and Central...

This year, BC's region does, however, rival Metro Nashville's region as the 2nd toughest...

Gomab, I like how you state that memphis would dominate east tn. teams on a nightly basis. But really how many teams have you seen play this year that is from east tn. All you talk about is memphis and how great they are. Also in high school basketball it is much easier to pull of an upset....a school can have 3 divison I prospects but usually the coach can't control them all. Not enough basketballs to go around for those players. Usually if you can have a decent team that plays well together and as a team...you have a chance against any other team.....

I disagree that Cleveland & Reha could go with anybody in the state.Cleveland went into triple over time with Mcminn,which I have to say that is not the quality of a top team in the state & reha played the tribe to a 3 point game.Cleveland may have beat Bradley 1 game but that was a freak game KP got put out of the second half plus a rival game is always going to be a tough one to win especially with your top point guard hurt & his teammates worried about him the rest of the game

Cleveland & Reha top teams in the state?NO

Bradley was last year and have only improved this year Bears all the way

I disagree that Cleveland & Reha could go with anybody in the state.Cleveland went into triple over time with Mcminn,which I have to say that is not the quality of a top team in the state & reha played the tribe to a 3 point game.Cleveland may have beat Bradley 1 game but that was a freak game KP got put out of the second half plus a rival game is always going to be a tough one to win especially with your top point guard hurt & his teammates worried about him the rest of the game

Cleveland & Reha top teams in the state?NO

Bradley was last year and have only improved this year Bears all the way

KP got hurt with about 2 and a half min. left in the game, so that wasn't a big factor in the game, what was a bigger factor with him was that he was about 0-6 from 3's in the game, but anyway bradley didn't lose the game because they were worried about kellen, they just got outplayed for a night, however its not going to happen again

I think Bradley will still make it to the state. They have an outstanding coach. And despite the claims of Brainerd and Cleveland being good(capable of knocking them off). Those teams have had better teams in the past.

I do think that not having him in the State tourney will hurt them. But i think they have enough firepower to get back to the championship against White Station.

Edited by cobrafan90

Well, considering Bradley absolutely killed Jujuan and McMinn (leading 60-14 at one time and finishing with a 50-60 point victory) they seem to have found their rhythm in spite of losing KP. It would not be enjoyable for this rhythm to take them through the region, and continue after KP returns. Could spell State title and I don't even go to Bradley.

The Big Dawg

ha..ha...listen here...Bradley the last 2 years at the state tournament has lost to White Station...well listen up!!!! NEWS FLASH...with or without kellen...we beat White Station by 5 earlier this. year..and there is no other team that is gonna stop us...bradley is just the best team around right now..yea its gonna be tuff if my boy kellen aint up to full stride..but hey bc has one of the toughest schedules and will go all the way this year...i have faith in my team...o by the way..i bleed black and gold...