Marshall upsets Lewis!

rbi

First of all I am shocked that our boys got beat by Marshall County. I don't see how you can come out flat in a tournament game like this...eveyone should be pumped in the tournaments just like we are in football during the playoffs. And second of all...THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY MARSHALL COUNTY IS GOING TO BEAT GILES COUNTY...let me repeat....THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY MARSHALL COUNTY IS GOING TO BEAT GILES COUNTY. And after them beating us b/c we played like crap....GO GILES COUNTY!! Giles could give Tyler a rest and still blow this one out of the water. Good Luck Giles!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Welll.......what do you know....congrats Marshall Co. Didn't the Lewis Co. coach put in a freshman at the end of the game? Not a smart move......the little brewer kid needed to be in there.....why put someone in who can't handle the ball and your already down 2?? Not a smart move......and what about that watson kid...wasn't he a senior this year.....boy i bet the lewis co coachin staff could have used him then he was a pointguard if im remembering right.....What I'm gettin at is you don't put someone with little to no game experience in the game in that kind of pressure situation.....tha lil brewer boy should have been there.

garycoleman is right....and so was golfinman....mad props to beaker for a job well done i feel sorry for the players on lewis county they have so much talent but no coach to utilize it. beaker is Pathetic somebody needs to take him back to Coach K at duke...lol. i'm thinking beaker's career at lewis county has just came to a screeching halt tonight in Loretto by getting beat by a Marshall Co. team that has little or no talent. oh well i wish the players on the panthers the best in the region if they are smart they'll listen to the fans instead of beaker b/c we obviously have more coaching smarts and than he does.

the lewis co boys lost the game not the coaching staff. they didnt rebound, take care of the ball or play defense. i wouldve put hatton in also. a few others were doing nothing. as far as coach J not coaching any more is crazy. he's by far the best coach to come thru here. and if the fans know more then johnson and cox then why dont yall coach?

Marshall Co.[/url] team that has little or no talent.

sadatay -- May I inform you that Marshall County has plenty of talent -- unfortunately 95% of the team is football players, also when they play as a team they play pretty well. There is just not enough team play on this team and it shows.

Congrats to Coach Qualls and the Guys -- You know you can win, just go out and prove it to everyone else.

And for all of the naysayers -- the last time I checked the reason we play the game is to determine a winner and I don't think the Marshall County - Giles County game has been played yet.

Marshall County may not win --but I also know that the third time may be the charm

You right mctiger. The cats are loaded with talent! Coach Q has done a great job when it matters most, the tourney. His skywalkers have risen to the challenge and get to bring on to the region tournament now. Don't count out the Tiger hoopsters just yet you big Bobcat bruisers! And if you think its tought now, just wait until Mac and the boys bring it in the fall!!!! I predict.....PAIN!!!!!!!

sadatay -- May I inform you that Marshall County has plenty of talent -- unfortunately 95% of the team is football players, also when they play as a team they play pretty well. There is just not enough team play on this team and it shows.

yeah your right....lol if they have much talent then they wouldn't put up a robust 38 or 39 points in a game thats jus freakin unbelieveable they're by far the best team in the entire region. 2live made a great point of pointing out the point differnce of 120 points. and if coach beaker was so great he wouldn't put a freakin' freshman in to handle the ball GREAT CALL BEAKER YOUR THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD i'm so glad i had the privlege of knowing the greatest coach in basketball history.

Hatton and I are very good friends,and he is probably the best freshman i've seen personally.Brewer didnt play much because he has a torn ACL and he is playin with the pain but Beaker wont let him play as much as he should,the team has filled in for Devon pretty well but will never be the same as when he was healthy.I hope this loss really make Lewis just step up to the level of play that they should have been playin ever since they start of the season.I was a part of this team for a little over half way and they are pretty good(not like Giles but still pretty good).As for Tim Watson.........Great player all around.He made a mistake and things like that happen.I believed that gettin rid of him was a good decision when it happened,but the longer we went without him i realized that there was a hole the needed to be filled with only time and i realized that Tim should have stayed but it want my decision,and the ACL injury to Devon hurt bad.I believe Howard Spears was a pretty good coach with better work ethics than the Beak.Good luck to Lewis cause ya'll have to do it a little harder this time and go get some wins.And at least the Bear didnt take everything so personal and diss his own players all the time.I will quote coach beaker and what he said to me earlier this year:"Ty you have no talent,you are the worst player on the team,but you work hard"......I mean what's good about that????

Edited by golfinman23