Who's the best goal scorer in east tennessee?

Guest albert

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy daisy has played most long ball over the last 8 years if my memory serves me. There is nothing wrong with long ball if that is the team you have to play with. I have seen them win a lot of games that they can keep close and win on a lucky break down on defense. Some teams are locked in on part of their schedule but it is the coach that needs to get good quality teams to play out side their districit teams.Private schools are no more than a travel team. Look at Baylor Jimmie got most of his good players off the middle valley team he coached.Look at the magic roster and Baylor roster and see how many players are on both. The public schools start with a disadvantage because most good players are recruited to the private schools. I hope public schools beat private schools ever time they play. Sorry to get so far off the subject.

The public schools start with a disadvantage because most good players are recruited to the private schools. I hope public schools beat private schools ever time they play. Sorry to get so far off the subject.

Don't you think that's a little harsh to say you hope public schools beat private schools every time they play?

Soddy played the long ball for the last 8 years? not quite... I guess you don't remember a certain 3-time All-State midfielder by the name of Eric... you know, the white guy with the blonde afro who single-handidly won games for them and graduated in 2001.... you may have forgotten or not since they won state with him .... anyway, your information is wrong, and yeah Private schools do have a slight advantage thanks to their ability to recruit players, but alot of times they play and win with class which is something I have not seen in alot of the good public schools.... as a matter of fact, i prefer the Chattanooga Private schools to most of the area public schools

Yeah, I remember that guy from Soddy that graduated in 2001. I was a freshman and I think that was my first varsity experience against them. He was really good and it seemed like he was at the highschool for a lot longer than 4 years. That just what everybody said. Anyway, I think a lot, if not all, the private schools in Chattanooga have played with class in regards to the overwhelming number of public schools that they play in the area.

I do remember that guy he was good with great speed but he still layed the ball out to the corners a lot or long down the line. He scored on a 40 to 45 yard shot that was a blurr.I was at that game. They did good in state in 2001 I think or 2000. I can not remember if they won it all or not. They always seem to have good set direct kick plays over the years. The one like the best was shielding the goalie and even holding him if need be. Now I know that will ruffle a few feathers but I saw it more than once. If the ref does not blow the whistle it not a foul.

The public schools start with a disadvantage because most good players are recruited to the private schools. I hope public schools beat private schools ever time they play. Sorry to get so far off the subject.

chip,

I'm sorry that you feel so strongly against the private schools. I would really doubt that any of the boys on the private school's soccer team that my son plays for were recruited to play soccer there. In fact there is a lot of thinking at the school that there is little if any interest by the administration as to how good the soccer team is. The kids enter as sixth gaders and if they play soccer throughout high school it is not all that common. So much happens in those 7 years that there is no way that a coach will know if a kid will pick soccer, baseball, tennis or any other spring sport. My children are at a private school because their mother and father think that it is the best school from an educational standpoint that is available in the area and have been blessed finacially enough to be able to afford it. The chance to use the physical tallent given to my kids at the same school is just icing on the cake. My family cheers for both public and private schools because we enjoy watching kids having fun and trying to do the best they can with what they have been given. :P

Edited by Readthefield

thank u Readthefield, i wish more people could understand that all these private schools that are said to recruit definately DO NOT recruit, at least for soccer. And also that NO, the administation doesnt care at all about soccer or any other spring sports, and it would be a waste of time and money for them to recruit anyone to play soccer. thanks for sharing your view.

and keeping with the thread topic, one of the best goal scorers is definately doyle, as im sure everyone already knows.

Edited by mrh11