The new JACKSON county cheer!

jumpshot2005

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hog-Eye started a long time ago in Livingston. Hog Eye is the name of a small part of Overton County in the northern section near Monroe. I don't know if anyone knows the offical reason why the cheer/name Hog-Eye got started but here are a few of the stories that I have been told.

1. At one time the starting five for either the boys or girls team were all from Hog Eye.

2. At one time one of the Livingston teams were so bad that somebody said they couldn't beat Hog Eye, which was an elementary school at the time.

3. A very good Livingston team actually got beat by Hog Eye.

There are probably some other stories floating around about this. The Livingston Academy Student Handbook actually has a little paragraph about this, but even that story is disputed. I don't have one handy so I can't say which one of the three stories above it mentions.

HOG EYE HOG EYE TNT

I posted this in another thread, I am pretty sure this is where the name came from. Who knows.

Hog-eye comes from a nickname that was given to one of the Livingston Academy basketball teams as we say "back in the day." There is some dispute over which team it was the boys or the girls, but it doesn't matter, the name stuck with Livingston Academy athletics. Legend has it, that all of the starters on the team were from a Community called "Hogeye" located in rural Overton County. The name just stayed around after they were gone and has become a great source of pride for Livingston fans and those that wear the blue and white jerseys. We know it sounds crazy but it's something that we are proud of. Go figure.

They are about to sing that cheer again! Get ready JC! Here comes the owlettes! You know they are tough and I bet when you found out that DL lost, I bet you said," OH NO, WE GOT TO PLAY THE OWLETTES AGAIN!!!" they always bring that top notch game to you, and you know it is coming again! List of things to send home early:

1. Hume-Fogg

2. Jackson County

3. Livingston

Oh yeah Jackson Co. I heard a soem talk that this could be brown's last year!!! He said what else could he do, HE is ready for the next level! Now I know it is just talk but it sounds like the truth, what else could he accomplish?