MLK's Johnny Lee

bigAsports

Anybody that follows 8AA and knows anything about basketball can easily see that Johnny Lee is definitely one of the best players in the district. If Doc really asked the other coaches not to vote for Lee, then that is not right. Also I think the message Doc is trying to convey is that his teams are good because of him,and not because his players have tallent. Doc is a very successfull coach, and his players conduct themselves in a respectful manner, but(and you knew there was a but) some of his tactics and mannerisms are hard to explain. Only the Doc knows.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Doc definitely wants all the credit and attention. He see's games as stage and he is going to give a performance. He almost got X rated against Portland in the Championship game when he started undressing. I believe he probably went back to Johnny Lee and told him the other coaches didn't vote for and they don't respect him. Just to get him fired up.

Doc suffers from little man syndrome. He has to put on a big show because he's affraid no one is paying attention to him. Four years ago in the state tournament MLK was blowing out Brainard. Doc ripped off his shirt like he was in a nail biter. Everyone was watching his team and not him. It's all about him and not his team. Funny, he had a Mr. basketball one time. I wonder how he liked that? Maybe he didn't. That might have something to do with the way he acts now.

ANd that was not right.  There was no way that he was co MVP.  That should not have happened.  He deserved MVP by himself because he lead his team to vicotry.  I know for a fact that he is the only reason they got past Hume Fogg and he is the only reason they beat Portland.  I feel he was mistreated.  Lee embarassed Brewer many times on the floor.  He showed the All American up and he definitely deserved MVP by himself.

This post is ridiculous! Yes, Johnny Lee did deserve to be co-MVP with Brewer because he had a great game lifting the Royals to victory! I don't know if he was the reason for beating Hume-Fogg, but I do know that he was HOT against the Panthers. I don't think he missed more than three or four shots all night including free throws! However, Lee did not embarrass Brewer. Brewer was put on him when no one else could stop him. Then he was pulled off of him again, but Lee remained "on fire". He had a great GAME but did he have a great tournament? I can't answer that because I only saw the game against Portland. I'm sure he would not have scored 26 if Brewer had guarded him all night, but Corey had 34 and I KNOW he was "off" Friday night. B)

B)

Edited by PPride

Doc Shelton is one of the brightest coaches i know but he is also one of the biggest jerks i know. He has absolutely no sportsmanship and to be honest he tends to treat his playes like crap. Johhny deserved the all district team and the mvp all by himself. Against HFA he hit two 3's w/ a hand in his face that ultimatly put HFA out of the game and against Portland he embarrassed Corey Brewer.

against Portland he embarrassed Corey Brewer.

You obviously didn't see the game Friday night because when Brewer was on him he had to dish the ball off. Doesn't sound too embarrassing to me. He scored most of his points in the first half when Corey wasn't guarding him and most of his second half points came from foul shots. I admit, he can sure hit foul shots! But he in no way embarrassed Brewer!

:D

Edited by PPride

PPride, you got to be kidding me. You have too much pride to admit that Johnny Lee was killing Brewer. If Brewer would have been guarding him the whole time i know he would have had 30. WHy do you think they switched Brewer off of him. He was making Brewer look like a fool. I remeber him hitting a 3 in brewers face and giving him the stare down and i was at the game watching closely. As a matter of fact Brewer almost went down a couple times. Brewer ended up with more points than Lee only because his team relies on him to shoot every time down court. He had 26 free throw attempts off non sense fouls. MLK was ahead why would they anything to resemble a foul but Brewer was just jumping into people and the refs made the calls in his favor. Lee outshined Brewer and i even think Brewer would admit it. It was obvious if you were at that game.

lilal532 - If you read my post right you would have seen that I said Lee had a great game! He was remarkable! Then, we put Brewer on him to shut him down, and if it wasn't for his free throw shooting ability in the second half, he wouldn't have scored 26! Pride has nothing to do with it! Brewer had an "off" night yet still managed 34 points :o because "YES" he is our "go to" man when we need points! If our other shooters are off then we have to rely on Corey even when he's having a bad night. In most situations he comes through for us. Friday night, we couldn't overcome the 7-10 pt spread that we spotted them at the start of the game.

And on another note, lilal532, I saw on another thread that you play for Hume-Fogg and you don't seem like you have too much confidence in your team. :unsure: Is that why you're picking on Brewer? Because you need someone to bash since you don't want to bash your own team? ;) Does Hume-Fogg have problems?

B)

You guys say that Brewer was embarassed by Lee, well does that not strike you as a mismatch in the slightest. Lee is too quick out on the floor for Brewer. That would be like asking Lee to guard Brewer when they start posting up Brewer, it isn't going to happen. As great as a player Allen Iverson is, do you think they would ask him to guard Shaq? Its all about match ups and thats a match up MLK should take all day.

Alex Renfroe-

I do hope you guys and Portland advance because if I were Corey Brewer I would make sure you had the most miserable night of your life. Corey Brewer could and had used you so many times over the course of your careers and I can't believe you would say anything disrepectful about Corey. Johnny Lee was awesome against Portland, at times unbelievable, but to say that Corey should be in any way ashamed is a joke. Next year you'll be watching SEC basketball on TV and bragging about how many times Brewer dunked on you or scored in your face. Please advance so I can see you guys play Portland again. What time is your game tonight?