DII State Tournament

Ash56

The BA guards take way too much bull crap on this board, let me ask you who feeds the ball to wright every time (revelette). who has come up with many huge steals this year, and shut down the best player on the opposing team (michael beasley) and i have proof of that today if you were at the BA game, he frustraded Hampton to death. Who hit 4 huge 3's in the region championship to give BA some hope, despite losing (Bill Kottas). These are 3 examples of what these guards mean to this team, and if you would like more i could go on and on and mention many more things, such as beasley today, and how he accounted for BA's first 7 points and how he was grabbing rebounds like crazy, the kid was all over the place. Revelette game in and game out runs the offense perfect, he is the hardest worker i know when it comes to the sport of basketball. he knows the offense perfect, he practices hard, and i guess i am the only one who had noticed how much it has paid off, becuase he has helped lead BA back to the state championship. Kottas has continued to hit big 3's ever since bone went down, and despite being only a freshman, has done a marvelous job of running the offense when mason is out of hte game. Sorry to ramble, but this is how i feel ab the BA guards, and feel free, respond honestly and truthfully how you feel

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason:

How well does CBHS match up with BA from a size and

depth perspective?

Christian Brothers has a couple of good, tall guards that can shoot. mobey, they're post man did real well against briarcrest, but don't know how much he can muscle around barry turner. brandon is still going to have to have a dominating game again to lead us to hopefully another gold ball.. Christian Brothers is a good team, though.

QUOTE (jek @ Mar 5 2004 - 10:13 PM)

Mason:

How well does CBHS match up with BA from a size and

depth perspective? 

Christian Brothers has a couple of good, tall guards that can shoot. mobey, they're post man did real well against briarcrest, but don't know how much he can muscle around barry turner. brandon is still going to have to have a dominating game again to lead us to hopefully another gold ball.. Christian Brothers is a good team, though.

Mason:

Good luck today. You along with the other guards have really "stepped up" in

the last few weeks.

BA had three very convincing wins in the tournament. Very balanced

scoring for BA today. Brandon only had 10 or 12 but the rest of the

team rose to the challenge. For those who posted on this board that

BA is a one man team, today's game proved that it takes a team to

win a championship.

Michael Beasley had a stellar defensive performance against #22 Gumbel.

The difference in the game was BA's withering defense.

I must add that Michael Beasley made the all tournament team, not too bad for one of BA's guards who has been hammered all week on this board, a perfect ending to hopfully shut everyone up about how weak the BA guards are. And just a quick note for everyone, revelette hit 2 3's to spark BA in the first quarter, and they never looked back after that. Good Luck to all next year, bc ya'll will need it since BA returns the entire starting 5 and the entire bench other than Brandon Albright.

Anyone know the score of the championship game yet?

BA won 51-37. Congratulations to the Eagles on back to back State Championships. They were certainly the big favorites at the start of the season, but other teams came up big at times to put the pressure on. Champions turn it up a notch when it's for all the marbles, and BA played very well the three games of the tournament.

I beg to differ with you FrankL, the entire BA team wanted it, did you see The emotion shown by Jon Garrett after one of his baskets, and the emotion shown by Barry Turner, or how about the excitement that Beasley showed after his back2back 3's, face it frank, you are trying to find ways to bring all the attention back on BGA, but like CR4 said earlier, sure they beat BA 3 times this year, but honestly, did those games mean anything other than pride? NO! BA won the big game and thats all that matters, and if they "didn't want it" then they wouldnt of gotten it, trust me, these guys wanted it. Bye Dude

no one cared about this game. There was no one there and the people that were there didn't cheer until the end of the game after Brandon had a nice Dunk. The person that wantd it the most on the BA team was Mason. There were more people at the Middle Region Championship last week than today. Congrats to BA for goign undefeated to everyone in Division II except BGA

It may be that you flunked math and had problems estimating the

crowd size. As the BA players look at the two gold balls in the trophy

case, I am sure that they could care less about what occurred in the

regular season.

FrankL, you probably need to take a nap, you seem a little cranky today.