DII State Tournament

Ash56

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to BA! I still contend that if you take Wright off of the team, you really don't have team. I guess fans, parents, and athletes of BA just don't want to admit it. Yes, they had very balanced scoring today which is what any TEAM should have, however if you are honest with yourself and look back at the season, where would BA be without Wright? Think about it, post your rose colored glasses opinions, but the truth is the truth and I know, sometimes it hurts.

What's your point? There are the state champions. They have Brandon Wright. If you feel that's what won the state championship, that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that THEY, not just Wright, won the state championship. Last time I checked basketball is a team sport. I've seen PLENTY of teams with one great player not be able to do much. The supporting cast is key to the whole thing as well. It doesn't matter where they would be without him, they have him. Congrats again, BA!

What's your point? There are the state champions. They have Brandon Wright. If you feel that's what won the state championship, that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that THEY, not just Wright, won the state championship. Last time I checked basketball is a team sport. I've seen PLENTY of teams with one great player not be able to do much. The supporting cast is key to the whole thing as well. It doesn't matter where they would be without him, they have him. Congrats again, BA!

My point is exactly what I said, which obviously you don't get and I should not have to try to explain it any further. But, for your sake, I will put it on a elementary level, follow closely: 1) Basketball is a TEAM sport. 2) BA as a TEAM is overrated. 3) Without Wright where would they be?, no where. 4) With Wright they win. I don't believe there are PLENTY of teams as you say that have the type of player that Wright is either. I am sure your school and every other school would love to have him on their team. Re-visit this topic after Wright graduates, then tell me it doesn't matter where they would be without him.

QUOTE (FHSrebel27 @ Mar 6 2004 - 06:09 PM)

My point is exactly what I said, which obviously you don't get and I should not have to try to explain it any further. But, for your sake, I will put it on a elementary level, follow closely: 1) Basketball is a TEAM sport. 2) BA as a TEAM is overrated. 3) Without Wright where would they be?, no where. 4) With Wright they win. I don't believe there are PLENTY of teams as you say that have the type of player that Wright is either. I am sure your school and every other school would love to have him on their team. Re-visit this topic after Wright graduates, then tell me it doesn't matter where they would be without him

Thanks for providing us with the benefit of your basketball wisdom. There is no doubt that BA is a much better team with Brandon. The same can be said for other

teams that have a D-1 prospect on their roster (e.g. Tyler Smith, Cory Brewer,

Jamont Gordon, etc.). BA has a very young team that will continue to improve

with age and has some good middle school players to follow in their footsteps.

There is a very good chance that BA will collect many more gold balls in the next

five years.

QUOTE (FHSrebel27 @ Mar 6 2004 - 06:09 PM)

My point is exactly what I said, which obviously you don't get and I should not have to try to explain it any further. But, for your sake, I will put it on a elementary level, follow closely: 1) Basketball is a TEAM sport. 2) BA as a TEAM is overrated. 3) Without Wright where would they be?, no where. 4) With Wright they win. I don't believe there are PLENTY of teams as you say that have the type of player that Wright is either. I am sure your school and every other school would love to have him on their team. Re-visit this topic after Wright graduates, then tell me it doesn't matter where they would be without him

Thanks for providing us with the benefit of your basketball wisdom. There is no doubt that BA is a much better team with Brandon. The same can be said for other

teams that have a D-1 prospect on their roster (e.g. Tyler Smith, Cory Brewer,

Jamont Gordon, etc.). BA has a very young team that will continue to improve

with age and has some good middle school players to follow in their footsteps.

There is a very good chance that BA will collect many more gold balls in the next

five years.

You are welcome!

No rating to it,over- or under-, they're the state champs... I don't see how there is anything to be argued here. We can even look at BA to show that you're "one player is the team" idea isn't necessarily correct. They never won a state championship with David Harrison.

My point is many things have to come together to win a state championship, not just having one player. The other four guys out there, along with those on the bench, and the coaches are just as important. It just seems to me that by saying without Wright BA is nothing that you are degrading what the Eagles accomplished this year.

It just seems to me that by saying without Wright BA is nothing that you are degrading what the Eagles accomplished this year.

i appreciate that man.. just wish people could give a little credit to the other ones that work their tail off gettin brandon the ball in a spot to embarrass everyone like he does so well