DII State Tournament

Ash56

No rating to it,over- or under-, they're the state champs... I don't see how there is anything to be argued here. We can even look at BA to show that you're "one player is the team" idea isn't necessarily correct. They never won a state championship with David Harrison.

My point is many things have to come together to win a state championship, not just having one player. The other four guys out there, along with those on the bench, and the coaches are just as important. It just seems to me that by saying without Wright BA is nothing that you are degrading what the Eagles accomplished this year.

C'mon, let the basketball "experts" and those bitter folks who didn't get to the big game have their say on here. Too funny! It reminds me of the ubiquitous comments on here that this player or that would be better/worse if they were only a little taller/stronger/weaker/shorter. Get a clue, people.

Brandon got his well deserved award as MVP of the tournament, and will soon collect the Mr. Basketball Award. As one college scout at one of the Eagles' games this year said, "That's what an NBA player looks like in the 10th grade." He's a special player. There are many very good players on the BA team, at least two or three others that will play in college somewhere. What really impressed me about this team all year long is that they were in fact, a team. No jealousy, no envy, no blame games, no braggards.

That attitude is a big part of what won the championship. I'm very certain that they are perfectly OK with the unofficial "overated" tag, as long as they have the very official "State Champion" tag.

Edited by itzme

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Frank the season is over and BA is Number 1! Undisputed State Champs. Cry all you want about region trophies. BGA gets so excited over them and puts them on display. BA puts them up in the Jr. High girls locker room if it makes you feel better. We save our trophy case for state champions only. But I guess you guys would look stupid if you tried to follow suit. And just think, you losers can spend the rest of your lives telling people about "playing with Brandon Wright, you know that NBA millionaire".

Posted on Mar 7 2004 - 02:56 PM

Hey Frank the season is over and BA is Number 1! Undisputed State Champs. Cry all you want about region trophies. BGA gets so excited over them and puts them on display. BA puts them up in the Jr. High girls locker room if it makes you feel better. We save our trophy case for state champions only. But I guess you guys would look stupid if you tried to follow suit. And just think, you losers can spend the rest of your lives telling people about "playing with Brandon Wright, you know that NBA millionaire". 

Shssh! FrankL is still taking his nap. As we all know, he was a little

cranky yesterday.

The Brentwood Academy Eagles make me proud once again!! If winning the state championship means we're overrated, then heck, we're the most overrated team ever! But I've got a hunch that it takes more than a childish label to earn a gold trophy. It takes a genius of a coach...George Pitts. It takes a star to carry the team during dry spells...Brandon Wright. It takes senior leadership...Brandon Albright (yes, folks, only ONE senior!). And, most importantly, it takes a team willing to ignore personal dreams of stardom and work as a cohesive unit until the final din of applause at the trophy presentation. That team...Brandon Albright, Michael Beasley, Chris Besch, Josh Bone, Brandon Brown, John Garrett, Tyler Griffin, Bill Kottas, Bruce Little, Ben Loftin, Brian Ralls, Mason Revelette, Chad Taylor, Matt Thompson, Tremayne Townsend, Barry Turner, Brandon Wright, Brian Wright...deserves every ounce of that gold trophy, every piece of Lipscomb-starched nylon, and every handshake from people who said they couldn't defend their title.

Brentwood Academy Eagles

2003-2004 Division II Basketball Back-to-back State Champions

Edited by WesVols

No rating to it,over- or under-, they're the state champs... I don't see how there is anything to be argued here. We can even look at BA to show that you're "one player is the team" idea isn't necessarily correct. They never won a state championship with David Harrison.

My point is many things have to come together to win a state championship, not just having one player. The other four guys out there, along with those on the bench, and the coaches are just as important. It just seems to me that by saying without Wright BA is nothing that you are degrading what the Eagles accomplished this year.

C'mon, let the basketball "experts" and those bitter folks who didn't get to the big game have their say on here. Too funny! It reminds me of the ubiquitous comments on here that this player or that would be better/worse if they were only a little taller/stronger/weaker/shorter. Get a clue, people.

Brandon got his well deserved award as MVP of the tournament, and will soon collect the Mr. Basketball Award. As one college scout at one of the Eagles' games this year said, "That's what an NBA player looks like in the 10th grade." He's a special player. There are many very good players on the BA team, at least two or three others that will play in college somewhere. What really impressed me about this team all year long is that they were in fact, a team. No jealousy, no envy, no blame games, no braggards.

That attitude is a big part of what won the championship. I'm very certain that they are perfectly OK with the unofficial "overated" tag, as long as they have the very official "State Champion" tag.

Okay, I apologize. <_< I would hope that I am mature enough to admit I was wrong. Certainly the team won, not just Wright. I sometimes get tired of hearing BA fans bash other players and teams that are good, especially when they have no basis for it (they may have seen a player or team one time!) I am by far no expert, and neither is anyone else one here, just fans giving an opinion (sometimes out of frustration). But it's all good! Congratulations TEAM BA!