UNAKA WINS BIG

ron196571

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on...winning by that much sounds a little Classless, but Good Luck with the rest of the tourny.

it wasn't classless. the starters took off to a 17-0 lead an the coach took them out an played the bench pretty much the rest of the game . they started the second half with the starters but they didnt play long. my daughter scored 3 threes an a foul shot, an shes just a freshman.GO #13 .THESE LADY RANGERS PLAY AS A TEAM AN THATS WHAT MAKES CHAMPIONS! GO LADY RANGERS :D

:D So I was right!!! And she was jacking up threes with her team up by 50!!! Very classy. I seem to recall the ranger faithful bellyaching and calling Cloudland out in football this year in a similar type game when Unaka was on the short end of the massacure. While its good to get your starters some rest come tournament time, its far more important to get good competition under tournament conditions.

:)  So I was right!!!  And she was jacking up threes with her team up by 50!!!  Very classy.  I seem to recall the ranger faithful bellyaching and calling Cloudland out in football this year in a similar type game when Unaka was on the short end of the massacure.  While its good to get your starters some rest come tournament time, its far more important to get good competition under tournament conditions.

When you are up by that many and you have your second and third team in and you are not pressing, what else are you supposed to do?

Tell the girls that have practiced all year and not gotten to play a whole lot to go out there and pass it around for 18 minutes! Put yourself in the player's shoes would you just want to dribble pass and sit in a 2-3 zone (which they did) the whole time you are in???

As for Cloudland Byrd and Benefield scoring in the fourth quarter and on pass plays!!! Come on, there is a BIG difference!

Look at the Oneida, Greeneville, Copper Basin and Chatt. Christian scores! Go blast them too!

Edited by osubrutus

Offense is suppose to score...........Defense is suppose to stop....right....

It would be a different story if a coach didn't pull his starters out.

It's not doubt good experience for the bench to get out and work together, never know who may foul out, get injured etc. etc.

"I find it humorous someone from Cloudland is posting on the merits of sportsmanship in blowouts. Go Lady Rangers!"

Didn't Cloudland beat this same team sometime during the regular season? By about 50 points? Is there a difference? I'm sure the Cloudland girls played as good during that game as they do any other game, just like Unaka does. I'm glad that all the girls got playing time and recgonition for all the hard work they've put into this year. Congratulations to both Carter County teams- keep playing to your potential and we'll probably see another tournament championship matchup!

Osubrutus,you need to get you're story straight, Byrd and Benfield only touched the ball one time a piece early in the third quarter,both were touchdowns, Byrd got his on a punt return,stupidiest thing I've ever seen. Who got all those touchdown passes in the second half? The main thing that made the Unaka people so mad was the 8th grader scoring in the 4th quarter. I doubt Unaka's girls was out to run the score up ,neither was Cloudlands football team,the competetion was just a little weak in both cases.

Osubrutus,you need to get you're story straight, Byrd and Benfield only touched the ball one time a piece early in the third quarter,both were touchdowns, Byrd got his on a punt return,stupidiest thing I've ever seen. Who got all those touchdown passes in the second half? The main thing that made the Unaka people so mad was the 8th grader scoring in the 4th quarter. I doubt Unaka's girls was out to run the score up ,neither was Cloudlands football team,the competetion was just a little weak in both cases.

Thanks for the correction. I was not at the game and was going by what I was told. So you are right, Unaka had no reason to complain.

Sorry for giving false info.

Pujo, go back into hibernation until football season starts again. You have your bottom 5 players in, J. Frank White's defense, well, they had no defense, is just standing there, what would you do? At least Coach Chambers took all his starters out before half-way through the 4th quarter.

Edited by Rangerbook06

Congratulations Lady Rangers on your win. Just want to say now you know how us Lander fans felt during football season. Someone was right when they said what are they suppose to do, tell the girls to go out there and stand, not play? That is exactly what we said about the football games. You can't tell the kids to go out there and do nothing. Playing is part of the game, any game, it's nobody's fault that some teams that we are all put up against sometime or another are not playing on the same level. Anyway, the only thing I do have to say to the coach and the fans is someone needs to tell the girls good sportsmanship is a key part of a good team. I personally read a message posted on the internet by a key Ranger player that referred to Cloudland Lady Landers as a bunch of whores. The remark was uncalled for and I take it to heart when my daughter is referred to in that manner, which I'm sure most parents would feel the same way. Anyway, good luck Lady Rangers (unless it's against the Lady Landers) in the tournaments, hope to see a local team at state to represent us all.