Kingston

LATTMER#52FAN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is too bad that Columbia Acadamy and Kingston could not have been at full strength for this game. CA packed it in on defense and had a great counter. The first score was a great shot from outside. The second shot dribbled in, but those count too. The third score was a pk. My stat sheet has 2 shots on goal for CA plus a pk, and ten shots for Kingston. All of them seemed to go right at the Keeper. it was one of those nights for Kingston. Congrats to CA. I have to say, though, that this was the worst officiated game I have seen since AYSO. The whole tournament was that way for us. Good refs seem to go bad the instant they take off the USSF shirt and put on TSSAA. They don't call fouls and they quit giving cards, it seems, except for language.

When I get to be King of the world, the first thing I will do is to outlaw the dual ref.

T-Bro is off getting xrayed. he'll be out for a month.

This was a tough weekend for Kingston. After starting the weekend with a win against Beech, we were down to starters for the second and third game. We didn't play well in the Columbia Acc. game, and had a tough time finishing our shots. As metioned by stevscarb, the refs were terrible in all games, but they were really bad in the Overton game. Overton kept playing the long ball all game and got a couple of lucky goals to beat us. It was just one of those weekends when everything seemed to go wrong. Bad refs, missing starters, and all around bad play as a team. It's too bad that we lost one of our players before we play L.C.. I know they want us at 100% when we play them because this game is such a good one always. All though we could be a couple of starters down for the game, it will still be a good game.

Im sorry to hear about the starters fellas. I know that in the past LC and Kingstong has always been emotional for both teams. The only thing is I wish you guys would give everyone on your team a little bit more recognition. Not just the starters are capable of filling in the spots of a soccer feild. I notice that everyone on the LC team and CAK team are all egar to play for the team not just the starters. What really matters is how much depth you have for the spots the starters play. Any one who really wants to win will step up to the challange which gives no execuss to say that the reason you lost or arent doing so good is because your missing starters. I know if you really want to win a game you will and everyone else on the TEAM will step up together and win it. That is one thing LC has over kingston. Plus if kingston will put as much emotion or attitude into every game they play like they do against LC they would be much much better. Those are two things that will always put LC above kingston. LC just has a better attitude against everyone they play and takes it like it means something to them, because every game means something to someone!

I know that missing starters should not be the reason for losing, but it does take time to get used to new players playing in new spots. Kingston is on spring break this week and we will be preparing for L.C. because, as all of our games are, this game is real important for us. The only thing left to be said is that Kingston will be ready for L.C. and I can't wait for the game.

LC and Kingston should be another great contest. Too bad for Kingston that one of their players got hurt, nobody ever wants anyone to miss games because of injuries. How does this Kingston team match up with the ones of the past few years? It seems like in the past couple of seasons Lenoir City has had clearly the better team but Kingston plays with such emotion that they always make it close. If Kingston plays the same against everyone else like they play against Lenoir City they wouldn't hardly ever lose.

Well I am ready for the challenge myself. I have had the date we play L.C. circled on my calendar since I got my schedule. Really can't wait to play this game because all this talking on this site is about to be over. I am just ready to see how we(Kingston) step up to the plate missing 2 starters. As the starting of this thread stated, we will surely see what kind of a year it is for Kingston.