Portland vs. York

hsballguy

I think york had a pretty good year...u can look at it this way an say york could of been out the first nite but they wasnt.....not to take anything away from the girls but they had a real good season an didnt make it out of the 1st game in the tourney....but we atleast got past that 1st game an had 3 other games.....we atleast got a shot at the regions......I hate to see the season end i believe everyone does....and i also hate to see the seniors leave but everything comes to an end......now about portland or should i say now about brewer.....really good all around player ill give him some props...I think he is SEC material...but dont see him doing much against some of the SEC teams such as UK,UT an etc....unless he gets alot stronger......an by the way i dont think the SEC officals will baby him as much as most refs do in TSSAA.....i think he will be surprise alittle in SEC its a totally different level so he better be ready.....i hope to see UT over UF next yr....

Edited by booboodafoo12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't sound like jealousy, not at all. The only thing he really needs to improve in is strength, but that will be taken care of pretty quickly. This guy is awesome, but I wouldn't think too much of him either if he just single handedly dropped my team like a bad prom date. But wait, he has beaten up my team over the past few years and I'm still not as jealous as you guys so I guess you guys just need to get over it. And I don't think UT will be eating up anybody anytime soon. They have a long way to go before they will be anything above a decent NIT team.

When you play Portland ... you have to be ready to get the foul calls poured on you. Brewer gets pretty much , not all , but pretty much every call that he wants. It is ridiculous. I found it hilarious when Brewer shot a 3-pointer right in front of Anthony Hopkins and Anthony of course contested his shot ... Brewer collapses on the floor and gets his 3 free throws. He gets a LOT of his points off free throws ... and some of them on awful calls. But all of that is nothing ya'll haven't heard before ... just thought I would state my opinion of it all. I just wish there would be refs that don't spoon-feed Brewer each and every game.

People who get on here and say that Brewer gets babied by the refs are out of their minds. They must not have seen Portland very many times this year, probably about 75% of the time this year Brewer was on the losing end if he was involved in a play that could go either. He fouled out of about 7 or 8 games this year, 4 in OT, every time on very questionable calls. I've seen a lot of big time players in my day and I've never seen a player of his caliber have as many questionable calls go against him. Now thats not to say that there hasn't been games where most of the calls went his way but, more often than not the refs this year have been gunning for him and some have made comments as to such. Secondly, how can any Lipscomb supporter say anything about preferential treatment by officials? They've got every official in this area in their back pocket, they always get all the calls. And every offical that they don't own belongs to Doc Shelton and MLK. And anyone that says otherwise is either blind to the obvious or just plain dumb.

I'm not blind (had laser surgery @ Loden Vision Center about a year ago and see better that 20/20 in both eyes now), so I guess I am just plain dumb. Better to be dumb than to be a liar though. Oldschool, by referencing our back pockets, are you implying that Lipscomb bribes the refs. I hope not, cause that could be considered cause for libel damages. ;)

Actually, I do agree that Lipscomb gets a lot of calls. I would agree that Corey Brewer has gotten star treatment. But thats what having a good reputation will get you. I've said it before, and will say it again, Lipscomb has a reputation for playing fundamentally sound basketball. So, I would say the refs might allow that to affect them, just as it does when calling Portland, esp. Brewer. HOWEVER, the refs have never caused Lipscomb to win or lose a game, and neither have they caused Portland to win or lose a game.

Corey has been fun to watch over the past two years. He has taken all of the pressure and rooting against him very well. Of course, he got the best of us last year and this year in districts. Hopefully, tomorrow night will be different. The way I see it, we have nothing to lose.

On a more somber note, our prayers are with the Portland community as you mourn the loss of your friends and classmates. Many of us are praying for you at this time.

Edited by khopkins

Tennisguy he is awesome..not to put him down or anything but if im correct he was 6 for 11 from the free throw line thats not a very good percentage from the line........especially comming from a good player.....And about UT if im correct they beat UF this year......and they may be a NIT team but they are young an will do better next year an probably sweep UF......and i dont think brewer will have that much of an impact at UF....such as putting up big #'s game after game....And also UF isnt doin all that well this year either so i dont know why u think they will do any better nex yr.......UT will beat em an eat brewer up if he dont get stronger....

Your really reaching aren't ya?? Your talking about one nite @ the freethrow line. I guess when you've finally realized that you can't come up with a reason to hate on him then your gonna pick on one nite @ the free throw line. And yeah he won't have a big impact @ all, Billy Donovan has said that he should be starting this year as a freshman and I've even heard Dick Vitale talk about him. And yeah UT did beat them once, I was at the game and it was a fluke. I'm a UT bball fan and I will tell you that. Our guys up here @ UT don't get along well enough to play good. They have some talent, but they definitely aren't gonna roll up on Florida next year. So please read your post and see how ignorant they are before you post because once you see how crazy you are by saying some of this stuff I'm sure you will edit it.

LOL tennisguy your a real guru arent ya.....Or u seem to act like one......Yes i am talking about one nite....ok dicky v wanna be....dicky v talks about alot of people....Brewer may start nex yr....but does that mean he will be an impact...? no it doesnt.....jus watch an learn big guy UT will get the best of him an the UF crew......so jus watch an learn......by the way how was it a fluke if UT won...what did UF do throw the game jus hand it to the vols....no UT outplayed them.....and if anyone is ignorant i believe thats u guru....

Edited by booboodafoo12

Fluke in probably isn't gonna happen again. And if you are starting then you are definitely making an impact. Or your coach thinks your good enough to make one. But all this dicky stuff?? Grow up, and don't hate on someone who is an all american, it just makes you sound even more stupid.

I really can't believe that a Lipscomb supporter would complain about officiating. I have played against Lipscomb, (in the early 90's) coached against them, and been to many of their games and have never witnessed a game where they were not clearly the recipient of most all calls.

As for Brewer getting star treatment, that is a joke. I tend to feel the exact opposite. I have been to almost every game that he has played in this year and in each game I felt like he was getting ripped off in some form or fashion. Just as Oldschool said, almost all questionable charge/block calls go against him, and he has players hanging from his arms and shoulders for a good majority of every game with fouls being called occasionally. Because he is so talented it seems the officials try to even things out by allowing him to be fouled, unless it is competely blatant, and watching him very closely both with and without the ball. I don't know of anyone who has had more offensive fouls called on him than Corey, and several of these calls have occurred in crucial times during the ballgame.