Bradley Bearettes

mixitup

I think not-Jack had Coach Moore right where he wanted her! And that was trying to stop Tiffany who finished with 25 pts. What a perfect finish by Jackie driving the lane and score with the clock running out! The Bearettes will have a substate game. Great job ladies!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that you would have to call it an upset if you look at the way that the Cleveland girls have been playing. They looked extremely strong the last part of the season while the Bearettes played very inconsistent to say the least. They missed Buckalew and her scoring and senior leadership. The way she played tonight, you would never know that she has just recovered from 3 cracked vertabrae to say nothing of the extremely sore ankle. What a performance, what heart in this young lady!

And what a gutsy coast-to-coast drive by Pickel to nail the winner with maybe a second left on the clock. Cleveland's missed free throws did them in (10 or 11 misses).

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a superb season (25-6)! It's a shame that either team had to lose this game tonight. Cleveland will return all five starters next year so I would anticipate that they will again be among the best in the state.

GOOD LUCK BEARETTES THE REST OF THE WAY!!! Now go beat Cumberland County and get that sub-state game at HOME on Saturday!

I don't think it was an upset. The previous two games, Buckelew wasn't in the game from start to finish. These girls are finding some chemistry after the return of Buckelew. If Bradley beats Cumberland County...then Harlow will get to play against his former player, Rachel Gobble. Bradley could indeed find themselves in the state tourney compliments of the determination of a player that pushed away injury and her collegiate career to play, hard working underclassmen, a tough and determined coaching staff, and a flawless coaching scheme. Good luck to the Bearettes the rest of the tournament.

BTW..the screen by Cassada when Pickel was driving to hit the lay-up that won the game was big because it caused a match-up problem...thus resulting in the win. Way to go Cassada..your becoming a factor!

Congratulations Jackie. Seems like all those hours in the gym developing your left hand paid off. I hate it for the girls from Cleveland, but I am happy for the girls from Bradley. Cleveland will have their year, next year. Hated to see McMinn go down, but they have a real stable of good looking freshmen, so they will also have their year in the future. Good Luck Bradley. Hope you make it to the state. Wonder if TnWarEagle slept any last night?