Refs help South Greene again

sourone

Well I just watched South Greene blow out Unicoi County. What wasn't surprising is the way it was done. Through the first 3 1/2 quarters the foul calling was pitiful. Unicoi County had 19 to South Greenes 4. Good team that can play that long without fouling. Unicoi County really stunk but with 2 starters on the bench with 3 fouls with 6 minutes left in 2nd quarter. What more can you expect? South Greene had 29 points from free throw stripe to 9 for UC.

Then when you think you've seen it all. What do you see sitting behind the South Greene bench cheering he_ll for South Greene was none other than Miss Valnessa Redd. Shows what she is made of. Evidently she didn't want play the Lady Devils again. Then again she might think ricker mught recruit her. Not a chance. As sorry as anyone could possibly get.So much for patronage to her confernce. True colors come through again.

Valnessha Redd is one of the most wonderful young ladies I have ever met.

You say a young lady is "sorry" because she doesn't root for Unicoi County? Are you serious? I wasn't rooting for Unicoi County, either.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

He who ruleth his spirit is better than the mighty.

You are a SourOne Mr Blue Devil. South Greene plays smart aggressive basketball. Unicoi looked out of sorts from the end of the first quarter on. Weaver was still not near one hundred percent. Kerns got no shots. Lingerfelt shot way to many. Weaver didnt get or call for the ball. Unicoi gave up way too many transition baskets.

As for Redd, shouldnt she be free to cheer for whoever she wishes. Frankly, many cyclone fans that stayed for the game were probably pulling for South Greene. just like the rebel fans were probably pulling for the cyclones over the tigers. So Greene and Eliz had just beaten PF and Unicoi in the district and preferred a new matchup instead of a fourth meeting this season. The real reason you are upset sour grapes man is because your devils are deviled eggs for the season. ;)

Edited by coaches_corner

Val has the right to cheer for anyone she wants to. It would be nice if we lived in a perfect world, but we don't. Many Elizabethton fans probably were cheering for Unicoi, but they haven't walked in Val's shoes. I have coached her since 7th grade and have witnessed first hand the treatment she received playing Unicoi County in softball and basketball. She was taunted, cussed, spiked, beaned , and spat upon. She showed great restraint and never retaliated, she simply let her playing do the talking. I'll give Unicoi County credit for cleaning up their act in recent years, and I have the utmost respect for Coach Fisher and his Lady Devils. You however, exemplify the sorry redneck image Unicoi County has worked so hard to overcome. Look in the mirror before trash talking someone else!

Edited by coachh17

gosh you are pathetic sourone......

South Greene played well tonight........unicoi just simply couldn't get things rolling. i guess you're just going to end up a bitter elderly person with no one to talk to except for you 13 cats........no one would want to talk to someone who has absolutely NO clue what he or she is talking about.........get a life. go rebs.......tomorrows game should be worth watching.....!!!

Sourone - What game where you watching!!! South Greene out played, out smarted, out hustled the ladies from UC. I was pulling for no one, just wanting to see some good basketball and I seen alot of reaching and grabing and frustration fouls by the Blue Devils. I don't think I ever seen the UC coach get upset over any call, I guess he has more class than you, the sourone!!

Where did the 18 point lead come from? Second quarter. What caused Sparks and Headley on bench in foul trouble. South Greener started 2nd qua. shooting 2 frre throws with every foul.S. greene has a good aggressive team. Yet you can play a little more aggressive knowing you aren't going to get whistled.Compared to being called every time you move. S.Greene played whole game same way but of course you saw that. Then why were they called for 8 more fouls in last 3 minutes of game compared to just 4 the prior 29 minutes of game.And 29 free throws made will beat you when you just get 9.

And coach as for cleaning up their act at least the devils have cleaned up theirs unlike betsy. God must have hated Carter County so he just put every ignorant person no one else wanted their.

Yes betsy wanted S.Greene to win why because they knew UC wouldn't give them another win. And yes I said give and Betsy knows they couldn't beat them again. So enjoiy your little trip its the last on for another 20 years.

If coach Ricker had not decided to slow the tempo of the game down in the fourth quarter it would have probably been a 25 to 30 point game. SG was definately the best team last night. Everyone out there who thinks SG gets all of the calls should get over it. We complain about calling just as much as anybody. The fact is that SG girls take the ball to the hole every trip and people have to foul in order to save giving up layups.