Talent in Tennessee

SACDAWGS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Moreland , catcher from Goodpasture has committed to play baseball at Vanderbilt. That makes the 8th player off of the State Championship team to play college baseball. I am sure there will be at least 4 more that will also play at the next level

825412573[/snapback]

Jay should be congratulated. He has a great arm and is very active behind the plate. I assume he was recruited to be a catcher in college. It is good to see Vandy sign Nashville area kids.

Edited by Bighurt

Just glancing real quick it appears that Christian Brothers, Farragut and Goodpasture (among a couple others) have had the most sign in all sports.

825194054[/snapback]

Farragut had kids turing down Scholarships in Soccer and other sports. Burned out and the TN lottery helped.

Edited by rigger101

• 3 weeks later...
Jay should be congratulated.  He has a great arm and is very active behind the plate.  I assume he was recruited to be a catcher in college.  It is good to see Vandy sign Nashville area kids.

825412592[/snapback]

Yes he was recruited as a catcher. He is a good friend and im thrilled to see him go where he wanted. 2005 so far for goodpasture has seen 4 softball and 1 baseball scholarships signed. There will be 2 more baseballs and 2 maybe 3 footballs. We will also have 1 volleyball and 2 soccer.

• 2 weeks later...