MLK WHAT THE CRAP

baller1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Doc....................thats all I am going to say...what a joke of a coach....let your kids play bball for pete sake, they Can play ball can't they?I mean one on one for a full game?I am glad I din't see him strip...I would have puked, I mean he doesn't even have the body for it..lol

aww yall quit hatin. now as fans we want to see some action but as a coach DOC wants to win. and if i remember correctly thats what he did. and ill agree with anyone that his coaching style is unorthodox and at times quite humorous but his state championship ringS say it works

Having some of the most talented and smart kids in the state are what makes it work. There are many great coaches across the state that could win state championships with the type of kid he is coaching. It is a coach's dream to have such great student athletes and I think he takes advantage of his kids often times. Those kids get no credit because their coach and his antics steal the spotlight whether they win or lose. If they win by stalling, then Doc is genius or if they lose then the team just didn't play well. All attention is to be focused on Doc Shelton and himself only, I especially like the Indian reference during the game how he stands in front of his team like the Big Chief as his little Indians sit Indian style on the gym floor. Johnny Lee is one of the best PGs in the state that will never be recognized because his own coach will not vote for him all-district, that would take the spotlight off of Doc.

Doc is a great coach, two state titles, several trips to the boro. how many coaches can say they have done this? not many. also he has to deal with letting his kids juggle athletics and academics at one of the toughest high schools in the state. he does a great job. you shouldnt be mad at him for playing within the rules. back before there was a shot clock in the NBA, there was a 19-18 game. so it isn't Doc's fault it is the TSSAA's fault for not implemeniting a shot clock. if teams would play defense against them they wouldnt be able to hold the ball that long. so please stop hating on doc and his coaching style. until you can do what he has done, then you can't talk.

I don't dislike holding the ball at all. Whatever gives your team the best chance to win. My thing is why hold the ball against a team you could crush. Everybody in the gym knew that if he played the score would have been ridiculous. Heck after they started playing the final was by a good margin. He did not hold the ball because it gave him the best chance to win. He did it for the attention. Just like making his players sit in the floor during timeouts, just like making his players every other year wear Chuck Taylors. Its all about the Doc show and his posse of s on the bench.

I think Doc is a joke of a coach, that team has so much wasted talent because of him. J. Lee(one of the best point guards in the state) looked like nothing more than a ballprop tuesday. If you ask me Livingston wasn't afraid to guard them, they were afraid to play against Livingston's defense. All I can say is get a sane coach with some guts.

Doc is a great coach, and like somebody said it's not his fault there is no shot clock. LA couldn't guard them and he knew it, he made a statement. When ya'll when 2 state championships come back here and talk about how bad Doc is blah blah. Until then, you're all just jealous you can't get one of your own. :angry:

doc is a good coach but he does do a lot of stuff for attention everyone knows that, but holding the ball isnt for attention. it is because of his hard head. he would never allowed mlk to play a zone defense, and he hates playing against one. la knew they couldnt match the speed. so they played zone. doc will hold the ball against anyone who plays zone, not just a team he knows he could beat.