girls 11 under aau

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as though I was wrong about the Georgia Magic, as they will be attending the tournament in this age group. Other teams that will be attending in the 11U age group that I have learned of are the Tennessee Flash and Bama's Best. Which means the teams participating in this age group will be (and how I think the pools are drawn up - i could be wrong if there are more teams involved in the tourney):

Pool 1

KGC Lady Pride

Shelbyville Sport Shop

Tennessee Voyagers

Lincoln County

Lewisburg

Pool 2

Georgia Magic

Tennessee Express

Sycamore Sparks

Tennessee Flash

Bama's Best

My predictions on how these two pools will come out are as follows:

Pool 1

1. KGC Lady Pride - A very talented team who was able to keep up with the Memphis Waves for the most part of that 10U state championship game last year before rallying to pull it out in the end. If they play to their potential, they should take this pool.

2. Shelbyville Sport - They are good, but unless they have found alot of talent, they are going to get beat. Like most of Shelbyville's younger teams, they will get better as they progress throughout the year.

3. Tennessee Voyagers - They got put out of the south-middle substate last year very quickly. Their losses included what I believe was a 36 point loss to the Murfreesboro Lady Belles. Guard play is okay, but they didn't have much of a post game.

4. Lincoln Co. - I believe there was a team from Lincoln Co. that played in the north-middle substate but I could be wrong. I don't have any info on this team and, therefore, I do not know how good they are.

5. Lewisburg - This is probably a new team since I don't remember a team from there being in the south-middle substate last year. It is possible that they might play either YBOA or MAYB. However, without a team name, I really don't know if I know them or not. It's almost impossible to remember where all teams are from.

Pool 2

1. Georgia Magic - Guard play is great and post play is even better. They sport one of the biggest teams, not only in this tourney, but in the nation. They should win this pool, and this tournament, with little to no trouble.

2. Sycamore Sparks - They are small, but they are quick. They have some very dedicated coaches who love these kids. They will have alot of tough games against the other teams in this bracket, but if they have improved since last year, they could give some teams some fits. They go as the twin guards go, stop them and you stop this team.

3. Tennessee Express - They have a new coach who is the complete opposite from their old coach (and from what I heard, alot better coach). They seem to be big in the post, but small at guard which could hurt them. It will be interesting to see how well they do with their star player departing for the 12U Express team.

4. Bama's Best - They were down last year and will have a hard time competeing with the top 3 teams from this pool. They have decent guard play but seem to be very weak in the post.

5. Tennessee Flash - The small town girls from Chapel Hill, TN, have alot of heart, but not much of anything else. They were really bad last year when I saw them, but hopefully they have improved or found some more talent.

These pools are now pretty even, but in the end it won't matter. I will be surprised if anyone other then the Magic walk away with 1st place and the Lady Pride with 2nd place.

Edited by ptguard12

Ptguard12,

Wow, that is an unbelievalbe assessment of the teams in this tourney. Ive seen alot of thos teams before and your ideas on the teams are dead on. I usually only read posts on coacht but you do a really good job predicting outcomes and i always enjoy reading your posts and just had to comment. btw, i have a sister who plays for the 11u express and dont count them out just yet. yes our "star," as you put it, left but the remaining 3 players from last years team (pg, pf, and c) have gotten alot better. we also have 2 new girls who are going to contribute alot and 3 on the bench that are very capable of playing some very solid minutes. we may not do to well in this touney, as they have only practiced 3 times together, but by the time substate comes around, they could be a potential threat. Again, keep up the good work, your posts are very informative.

ptguard12...your correct we did stay with the waves for most of the state championship game......we beat them for the title!

and then alas they sent us to the losers bracket in the nationals....

just wanted to let ya know.....and we have our brackets but the belles arent there ;)

we are really looking forward to seeing some good basketball in shelbyville this weekend

robpride,

Sorry, i have this thing where I sometimes do not finish my sentences because I get so far ahead of myself. That sentence about your team should read as, "A very talented team who was able to keep up with the Memphis Waves for the most part of that 10U state championship game last year before rallying to pull it out in the end." The older I get, the more often I make those mistakes. I was told that the Belles were forsure going to be there, but that was about a week ago. If you don't mind, could you post the teams in the tourney and what pools they are in. I only go on "heresay" and from what I had been told, I thought the pools were set up the way I posted them. Thanks alot robpride, I look forward to watching your girls play this weekend.

Whew, this sounds like its going to be some good competition. Wish the WAVES could be there but we had a schedule conflict. We will be at that the super regional tournament in Murfreesboro March 26-28. Are any of these teams at Shelbyville going to be there? Good Luck to all, travel safely...

ptguard12...hope your feeling better.........we beat the sparks sunday morning for a matchup with the magic.........things went our way for a while and we built a 10 point lead......foul trouble and foul shooting caused a turn around and the final score was 41-36 with the win going to the magic......it was a great game and im very proud of our girls

robpride... Glad to see you gave the GA Magic a good game, we're trying meet up with them sometime this summer also. I think they are coming to the TN Miracle Tournament in Jefferson City if it doesn't conflict with their state tournament, will KGC be there? From what I hear so far the competition should be top notch with Indiana's Finest, Cutter Construction and a few others.

Robpride,

I'm glad to see that your team gave the Magic a run for their money in that championship game. I heard that late Saturday evening that the Sparks actually hung around for a little while with them before the Magic blew them away in the second half. I consider that a pretty big accomplishment for a team that is so small, as opposed to a team that is very large.

I was kind of surprised to see that Lewisburg made it to Sunday. I knew that they were a newly formed team, but they must have had some kind of talent to make it that far, unless your pool was kind of weak?

So, did anyone in your pool give you a good game? How did the Sport Shop look? Let me know how things turned out in that pool as many of those teams will be in the South Middle substate, which I will be attending.

Again, congrats to you and your team on what sounded like a very good weekend for your bunch. I hope I get to see them play soon.

PTGuard12

tyjacks.......thanks.......we do hope to be at the miracle classic..it should be a wonderful tourny if both you and the magic attend! we know anytime we get on the floor with the waves or the magic its time to bring your best!

ptguard12

we won our pool games by good margins altho i hesitate to call any team weak....

all the young ladys we played compete so hard. you asked about shelbyville..

tom does a good job with his team but they seem to need a little time to get used to pressure defense.im sure they will be playing better by substate

lewisburg plays extremely hard and seem to be well coached..(watching their coach is worth the price of admission......we had one official when we played them

and the poor guy did a good job of managing the game and the lewisburg coach

and your right the new sycamore coaches do a great job with the team! but you allready knew i respect the way the sparks play

I had the privilege of seeing the Knoxville Girls Club 11U team play in Shelbyville this past weekend. What a fundamentally sound team they have put together! These girls are extremely talented and a joy to watch. I was impressed with how fundamental they are......boxing out, squaring up, shot selection, passing, etc. I'm not around this age group very much but I would expect this team to do well in the nationals this year. If you get a chance....go see these young ladies play.

Great job coaches and KGC!