seymour girls

pedoc

Got to see the Seymour-SG game tonight. Must give props to the Eagles. Johnson with 4 fouls early in the 2nd but Seymour maintained the lead. Game stayed around 8 until mid-4th when Seymour extended the lead to the final difference of 17. Johnson is a great player--strong hands with soft touch, but the players #10 and #55 (the sophomore I think) were just phenomenal tonight. They are not just a one woman team. Great balance, athletic, and tall--looks like a winning mix. After seeing LA play at Christmas, I would definitely give the nod to Seymour if they were to meet again. #55 for Seymour actually reminds me some of Katrina Beechboard. SG played hard as expected and relied on their speed and penetration but Seymour's bigs were TOO BIG. Good Luck to Seymour. This SHOULD be your year.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

size was definitely a huge issue in the game tonight.....brooke played her game...but it wasn't just her, she had a tremendous amount of support from her teammates, and that made all the difference...SG played hard, and that's all you can do.....congrats lady rebs on a great season, and good luck to Seymour in the state tourny.

#34 is Chelsie Harrell, she's fast and a very good ball handler... she's full of energy and that one rebound she had was awesome!!

#23 Jessi Peterson was awesome saturday night!! South Greene was so focused on Brooke that Jessi steped up and had the first 8 points for Seymour and ended with like 15 or 16...she's awsome and sooo athletic

Seymour's not just a one man team....

Brooke's phenomenal...that goes without saying :rolleyes:

Jessi's an all around athlete..she can jump, shoot, block shots and is often our

go-to man defensive player

Lauren is an awesome shooter...she can hit from anywhere and she makes some

awesome passes every game

Ashley is just a little ball of energy...she's everywhere, all the time....awesome

defensive player!! she can shoot from NBA range dawg...

Heather...shes pretty tall for a guard but man, she's awesome!!! she can break a

press all by herself...ask OS and South Greene

Brit and Chels are our two sophmores but are major factors...Brit is a lil' jordan..she can, dribble, shoot, can score under pressure (ask LA from last year's game when she was just a freshman)..Chels can go in for heather or Ashley w/out losing the rythym and speed of the game, and yes...she will hustle for rebouds...she fast

Katie C. and Katie S. are the two jr.s....KC knows her role in the game and is an awesome fundamental player...KS is a hustler, she'll dive for any loose ball and hits free throws and threes...

Because Brooke is so good people think thats all we have but she just stands out more because of her tremendous talent....South Greene tried but not to our surprise, we all stepped up and won a big game by 17

so...bring it on.... :o

keep steppin up ladies...we're almost there!!!!

um..correct me if im wrong..but South Greene only had one player on johnson..and you say they were "focusing" on her??? Its not like they double teamed her or anything...South Greene had to play Seymour and the refs. They did prepare for Johnson, but sg didnt prepare for the other talented players. There were a few mismatches on the court...but all in all, i guess Seymour deserved it because they made the plays that needed to be made. And the people that needed to step up, stepped up. Good luck Seymour in the State Tournament! Congrats to South Greene for making it as far as you did. Its a shame two good teams had to play to decide who would go to state, when actually both teams should have been there.

Correct me if I am wrong but when one player is in front of somebody and somebody else is behind them and the other post has nobody on them, that is a double team. Check out the pictures in the paper if you want to say Brooke was not double teamed. And as I said in the other post, how can you say anything about the refs? It was a hard fought game by both teams. Don't take anything away from any of the players. They all left it on the floor from both teams.

To giginago41, How about #41? The 6'1" post player who comes in and plays her tail off. (When she gets the chance and some of us think is not enough) Works as hard as anybody posting up and does what she can to help the team. Can't leave her out. She is a very intrical part of this team. Who do you think gets Brooke ready in practice to beat and bang with everybody? She has had to play behind Brooke all four years and never complained, just played her role and supported her team. Besides her mom, probably Brooke's biggest fan!!