Sevier Co. Vs. Jeff Co. scrimmage

wildman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict it to be close. I know it is SC's first scrimmage of the year and I am not sure if JC has scrimmaged or not. It will be a battle of teacher and understudy.... Coach Wilhite played for and coached with Coach Holland. We will see how much he learned from the wise one. Jeff has alot of talent and Sevier Co. is eager to prove themselves, so I look for it to be a good measuring stick for both squads.

Edited by guru5

Sevier County's 1st 8 games per the coachT schedule.

Tue Mar. 16 at Morristown West

Tue Mar. 16 Cocke Co.

Thu Mar. 18 Seymour

Sat Mar. 20 Rutledge

Sat Mar. 20 Pigeon Forge

Mon Mar. 22 at Maryville D

Thu Mar. 25 at Seymour

Fri Mar. 26 at William Blount D

That's strong. There are several of those teams that I wouldn't be surprised to see in Memphis in May.

That is a very strong schedule. Not to mention they play everyone in Dist. 4AAA twice. The hardest district in the state. It seems jeff co has no worries. They seem to be flying high and not worried about the bears. It will be fun to see the results. Please post them!

OK, I am really trying to figure out if all this Sevier Co. talk is a joke or something because from what I have seen and heard, they aren't going to be any better than in years past. But, hey, who knows? I say Jeff. Co. by at least 8 runs. I hear they've been swinging the bats better as of late, and the pitching is coming around. Good luck Pats!

Tue Mar. 16 Cocke Co.

Thu Mar. 18 Seymour

Sat Mar. 20 Rutledge

Sat Mar. 20 Pigeon Forge

Thu Mar. 25 at Seymour

That's strong. There are several of those teams that I wouldn't be surprised to see in Memphis in May.

Sevier county may play these teams, but seriously how close is the game going to be? i think that Morristown West is planning on pitching a freshman against them and Cocke Co. might break their ace out, who throws about 50 mph, but hey atleast he throws harder than Butcher, who has an arch on his fastball and is sevier co.'s ace. I'll going to go out on a limb here and say that sevier co. might score a run or two, but if this fall was any indication the game will be over before the end of the top half of the first.

Tue Mar. 16 Cocke Co.

Thu Mar. 18 Seymour

Sat Mar. 20 Rutledge

Sat Mar. 20 Pigeon Forge

Thu Mar. 25 at Seymour     

That's strong.  There are several of those teams that I wouldn't be surprised to see in Memphis in May.

Sevier county may play these teams, but seriously how close is the game going to be? i think that Morristown West is planning on pitching a freshman against them and Cocke Co. might break their ace out, who throws about 50 mph, but hey atleast he throws harder than Butcher, who has an arch on his fastball and is sevier co.'s ace. I'll going to go out on a limb here and say that sevier co. might score a run or two, but if this fall was any indication the game will be over before the end of the top half of the first.

You are right SC is horrible..........they won't even win 2 games.......

OK, I am really trying to figure out if all this Sevier Co. talk is a joke or something because from what I have seen and heard, they aren't going to be any better than in years past. But, hey, who knows? I say Jeff. Co. by at least 8 runs. I hear they've been swinging the bats better as of late, and the pitching is coming around. Good luck Pats!

All of the SC players think talking on here about themselves will make them better. Not likely. I can't wait till we play them. It will be a slaughter rule.

[

Who do you play for or cheer for? I know it isn't for Farragut. There people have a lot more class than you are showing. So you may need to change your name to make it more indicative of who you really are. :)

Edited by dirk2525

All of the SC players think talking on here about themselves will make them better. Not likely. I can't wait till we play them. It will be a slaughter rule.

Sevier and Jeff got washed yesterday. Scrimmage is moved to Friday. The SC players think that working their butts off will make them better. They may get beat by Farragut, but they will compete for the entire game, every game!

Tue Mar. 16 Cocke Co.

Thu Mar. 18 Seymour

Sat Mar. 20 Rutledge

Sat Mar. 20 Pigeon Forge

Thu Mar. 25 at Seymour     

That's strong.  There are several of those teams that I wouldn't be surprised to see in Memphis in May.

goadmirals04:

you can run that jaw when your program is always loaded. All SC is trying to do is build some confidence in themselves-let it be. Farragut shouldn't ever lose to anybody in East Tennessee, and it's been that way for a while with a top-notch coach. These two programs are looking out of 2 different windows, but SC is taking the baby steps that are essential in order to build a winner. You all talk about state championships, they are working on competing and gaining pride in their program-which is the right way to approach it. If their coach stays put, SC will be a winner in a few years. I've always been impressed with the Farragut baseball program and their coach, and I believe that SC has landed a guy that is young and that hammers the details of the game like Pharr has his whole career, a few years of that will make a world of difference in their program. When pride gets installed, then more players get interested. Sevier County's biggest problem is the little league programs of the past, but I've learned that is changing.

I've heard that this is the last year that Sevier Co. is playing in the KIL in all sports and that starting next year they will be a member of the IMAC Conference and Region 1. Has anyone else heard this rumor? I'm guessing thats why SC is playing all the IMAC teams this year. Well I was just wondering if the move is just wishful thinking or what. OH and on Friday, Go Patriots, watch out for their centerfielder, he covers some ground.