Memphis Has Best High School Teams

Joka

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha,

You can put them in it if you want, they have been in the TSSAA competing in state touranments for an astounding 5 years. They have never gotten past the first round of the West Region tournament held annually. Obviously they have never played in a state tournament, sectional tournament, or region championship. Actually, they have never been ranked better than third in the small school division for west region D2. SBEC is in southaven, which is not Memphis. The title of the thread says Memphis has the best high school teams. Actually, SBEC is not even in Shelby County. But if you want to put them in to this argument, even though they have been in the TSSAA for 5 years, they aren't in TN, they aren't in Shelby Co., they aren't very competetive in basketball, and they don't compete in A, AA, or AAA then do it. I just don't see how that makes or breaks the argument either way, a school with less than 100 people per grade.

About the CBarkley Blacksheep argument earlier...

Why argue about who has it worst off??? What does that prove? This is about basketball. Not which county is harder to survive in. I don't know what it's like to be poor. I don't know what it's like to live in Memphis, in fact I've never even been there. The farthest West I've been in TN is Nashville. I was supposed to move to Mt. Juliet when I was in elementary school. Things in life usually aren't the way you wish them to be, that's why you work for what you want. But as some of you are saying, I don't know how it is to not have a decent amount of money and family. The comment about being an outsider if you're not in a gang...I don't know about that either. There are not too many gangs in Anderson County that I know of.

About this Memphis/Nashville/rest of state argument. Reading all this stuff about Counties and borders and what's considered Nashville and what isn't...it might be my ADD kicking in but I can't follow this stuff. All I know is that I've always heard of Memphis having the best teams in just about everything. And it seems it's still that way with White Station winning the last 2 state championships. I'm not sure about AA or A how well they dominate.

opperman, Im not sure I know what your talking about. The Tri-Cities are Bristol Tn., Kingsport Tn., Johnson City Tn. None of the three spread out into another state. If you are talking about Bristol Va. then that is another city that borders Bristol Tn. They are seperate. No school in Bristol Va. plays under the TSSAA. I believe you have a school in Arkansas that does.

I hope this doesn't offend you

have a nice day

WaCo :( JaCo

Oh really, what school would that be? There is a private school now located in MS that plays in the TSSAA, but they had been in TN from their founding, still have mostly TN students and, again, have a history of being TSSAA.

And yes, Bristol does extend into Virginia. At least we don't have a Memphis, Arkansas or a Memphis, Mississippi (used to be a Memphis MS, but they changed their name to Walls)

Bristol Va., Bristol Tn. are two different cities in two different states. Both are seperated by the state line. Both have different governments. Bristol Tn. does not extend into Bristol Va. at any point. No schools in Va. play under the TSSAA.

Go back to school...AND HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

wAcO :( jAcO

Bristol Va., Bristol Tn. are two different cities in two different states. Both are seperated by the state line. Both have different governments. Bristol Tn. does not extend into Bristol Va. at any point. No schools in Va. play under the TSSAA.

Go back to school...AND HAVE A NICE DAY :o

wAcO :o jAcO

Memphis doesn't extend into any other state. Which is what YOU said to start this whole thing.

You're very Clintonian, I'll give that to you. Anytime somebody calls you on something, you change the subject.