Summertown vs FRA Updates

CoachT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there and the refs most definately let both teams play.but when you have a team like FRA that is so disciplined as they were, and can shoot the lights out at the foul lineand move the ball like they do, you better be ready to match them point for point and hope for a turnover.the one thing that sticks out in my mind about this game is this.

Summertown would run down the court and make one pass and fire up a 3.then FRA would get rebound and come down and make 20 passes and stayed very patience to take a shot.don't get me wrong that is Summertown's style of run and gun sometimesbut FRA just had Summertown running all over the floor and just seem like they could not get there feel for it on offense.

but i will say this you have to be a good team to get as far as you did and Summertown almost made it back to back trips to the state.and for COACH TROTTER you almost made it 2 state appearances and sub state runnerup in the last 5 years what a run your the best coach keep up the good work . ( YOUR THE MANNNNNNNNNNNN)

I was there. I seen a lot of FRA complaining when they see a lil body bump, THATS DEFENSE!!!!!! Thats prolly the best defense I've seen in a while.

Haha. "A lil body bump" That's funny because the last time I checked the rules of basketball that wasn't defense. In fact, "a body bump" is more often than not considered a foul. Good thing for Summertown that the refs let them play, or else, they would have had 28 fouls in the second half rather than ONLY 18. FRA finished the game with 3 second half team fouls, and Summertown didn't score a point in the first six minutes of the fourth quarter. Maybe that was good defense. Just an observation.

I am also wondering, and perhaps somebody from Summertown can tell me, whteher it is a foul to stick your head on a offensive players chest and push him all over the court. i mean literally, head on chest. As an added bonus, the defensive player sticks his hands out as if to imply that he isnt touching the offensive player. In truth, Summertown fouled a ton, and there was very little good defense on their part.

Perhaps the defense had something to do with that. Regardless, FRA will never impress anybody, but they do what they have to do. Ask CPA people what they think about FRA. They may not be "impressed," but I can promise you that they would rather play anybody else in the tournament besides FRA. Unaka will not kill FRA. Mark it down. I'll come back here and take my medicine if it happens.

I love this one: "all they did is shoot free throws." They get fouled, they shoot free throws. Those are the rules, and the points count just like a jump shot.

what i was saying is that, i didnt see FRA dominating in the post, or scoring off of a lot of 3's.... i was saying that they can shoot their free throws..... most teams these days cant, even a lot of college players, and the pros cant shoot free throws, and the guy who said something about asking the refs about not letting them shoot free throws and not letting them count, i just wanna know what that has to do with anything.... ;)

I am also wondering, and perhaps somebody from Summertown can tell me, whteher it is a foul to stick your head on a offensive players chest and push him all over the court. i mean literally, head on chest. As an added bonus, the defensive player sticks his hands out as if to imply that he isnt touching the offensive player. In truth, Summertown fouled a ton, and there was very little good defense on their part.

lol, that may have been the funniest form of defense Ive ever seen. SHS fans, be sure to ask number 5 what in the world he was doing. He literally had his eyes on the floor and was navigating by feeling where our guy was going using the top of his head.

I wish more people would play D like that, because eventually the refs will call it, and also, the guy he was guarding got a ton of rebounds and he was about the 8th tallest guy on the floor.

Summertown, Ill give you that you played solid defense for the first quarter, but then you seemed to either get tired of chasing and headbutting or FRA just started playing better....

Well let them play "DEFENSE!!!!!" at home in Summertown next week. If their defense was the best you've seen in a while then how did FRA score so many more points??? It's over. They lost. Shut Up.

whew, rowdy is gettin buck, u better watch out basebasketfan............. ;);) , i dont really think that summertown will be playing hard defense at there place next week either... ;);)

Perhaps the defense had something to do with that. Regardless, FRA will never impress anybody, but they do what they have to do. Ask CPA people what they think about FRA. They may not be "impressed," but I can promise you that they would rather play anybody else in the tournament besides FRA. Unaka will not kill FRA. Mark it down. I'll come back here and take my medicine if it happens.

I love this one: "all they did is shoot free throws." They get fouled, they shoot free throws. Those are the rules, and the points count just like a jump shot.

what i was saying is that, i didnt see FRA dominating in the post, or scoring off of a lot of 3's.... i was saying that they can shoot their free throws..... most teams these days cant, even a lot of college players, and the pros cant shoot free throws, and the guy who said something about asking the refs about not letting them shoot free throws and not letting them count, i just wanna know what that has to do with anything.... ;)

the funny thing is, they did dominate the post. Maybe you werent there, but your one tall guy who looks like #11 on our team scored 1 or 2 times in the paint- other than that, he did very little. Our red headed center blocked about 5 shots and we probably outscored SHS by 5 to ten times in the paint....and yes FRA can shoot free throws- one more reason to play smart D rather than Hard D.

i was there and the refs most definately let both teams play.but when you have a team like FRA that is so disciplined as they were, and can shoot the lights out at the foul lineand move the ball like they do, you better be ready to match them point for point and hope for a turnover.the one thing that sticks out in my mind about this game is this.

Summertown would run down the court and make one pass and fire up a 3.then FRA would get rebound and come down and make 20 passes and stayed very patience to take a shot.don't get me wrong that is Summertown's style of run and gun sometimesbut FRA just had Summertown running all over the floor and just seem like they could not get there feel for it on offense.

but i will say this you have to be a good team to get as far as you did and Summertown almost made it back to back trips to the state.and for COACH TROTTER you almost made it 2 state appearances and sub state runnerup in the last 5 years what a run your the best coach keep up the good work . ( YOUR THE MANNNNNNNNNNNN)

so ur tellin me that FRA is a disciplined team...?? #5 (for FRA wasnt that disciplined) he was pushing and shoving ashton white..... thats not too disciplined... and that blond headed guy who came in at the end, (i think #1) he was also kinda physical to be a "disciplined player", one time he floored number 5 for summertown, that is not what i call a disciplined team........ but i will have to say that #13 was a disciplined player, he kept his cool all through the game...

Summertown would run down the court and make one pass and fire up a 3.then FRA  would get rebound and come down and make 20 passes and stayed very patience to take a shot.don't get me wrong that is Summertown's style of run and gun sometimesbut FRA just had Summertown running all over the floor and just seem like they could not get there feel for it on offense.

but i will say this you have to be a good team to get as far as you did and Summertown almost made it back to back trips to the state.and for  COACH TROTTER you almost made it 2 state appearances and sub state runnerup in the last 5 years what a run your the best coach keep up the good work . ( YOUR THE MANNNNNNNNNNNN)

so ur tellin me that FRA is a disciplined team...?? #5 (for FRA wasnt that disciplined) he was pushing and shoving ashton white..... thats not too disciplined... and that blond headed guy who came in at the end, (i think #1) he was also kinda physical to be a "disciplined player", one time he floored number 5 for summertown, that is not what i call a disciplined team........ but i will have to say that #13 was a disciplined player, he kept his cool all through the game...

if by #1 you mean #11, and if by pushed over youre talking about that time when the SHS guy tripped over a pick and all the intelligent fans at SHS got up and booed (by the way, the game was a blowout by then anyway), then yes we were very undisciplined. But if you define discipline by the ability to handle the ball for a long time looking for a good shot without turning it over in the midst of one of the loudest crowds weve ever faced, then FRA is very disciplined. Good post