Jackson SouthSide

michael_kc44

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give Jackson Southside huge congratulations. Giles County can talk alot of smack before games, and they did this time and failed to deliver. The Bobcats are a great team, don't get me wrong, but they had an attitude that was out of this world. They thought that they were unstoppable. Well boys, you got stopped. They assumed that they would automatically go to state; and as my eighth grade algebra teacher told me, assuming does nothing but make an a** out of u and me. If the Bobcats had of played like they know how to play they would surely be on their way to state. They had a bad night, and a bad attitude. I hope that this knocked them down off of their high horse and next year they come into the season willing to work to get that gold ball back. They have had a taste of the gold now, and they will surely work hard to get it back. And to the senior Bobcats, good luck in whatever you do. I love you all and encourage you to not look back on this in grief, but look back and smile at all the good memories I'm sure you have. There is no harm meant in this post. So please, don't be upset with me. I am only stating my opinion, which is the point of a message board. That is all.

Good job to the hawks and also to bolivar for letting the rest of tennessee know how strong region 6AA really is.

Hope the two meet again at the boro.

Stop kidding yourself!!!!! They showed everybody how strong 12AA is!!!!!

District 12AA

1. Bolivar - Going to State Tournament

2. Southside - Beat Giles County. Going to State Tournament

3. Humboldt - Beat Southside 2 times this season

4. Chester County - Only lost by 4 pts and 5 pts to Bolivar

5. Liberty - Beat Humboldt 2 times this season

6. McNairy - Beat Humboldt to advance in the District

11AA didn't have anything to offer except Milan, and they got beat in the first game in the Region by a BUNCH!

I was at this game and Southside really stepped up and played when it would've been easy to back down!!!!!

How can you say Giles didn't deserve it. These young men played their butts off this year. Granted they may not have been as talented as last year, they gave it their all. For you to sit here and say that this team didn't deserve state is a pure disgrace to the game. A team goes 28-6, two losses in the Huntsville tournament, 2 losses to Bradley (who by the way are headed to state), 1 loss to a PR team, and one loss to SouthSide (only 2A team to beat GC in almost 2 years) and you say they don't deserve it. You need to WAKE UP.

How can you say Giles didn't deserve it.  These young men played their butts off this year.  Granted they may not have been as talented as last year, they gave it their all.  For you to sit here and say that this team didn't deserve state is a pure disgrace to the game.  A team goes 28-6, two losses in the Huntsville tournament, 2 losses to Bradley (who by the way are headed to state), 1 loss to a PR team, and one loss to SouthSide (only 2A team to beat GC in almost 2 years) and you say they don't deserve it.  You need to WAKE UP.

i can say they didnt deserve it. You have to win big games to get to state, and giles didnt. You dont earn the right to go to state by having a good record throughout the year.

Edited by dwolford12

It is always a sad time when your season comes to an end. But as we all know someone has to win, thats why we play the game.

Congrats to southside -- I would have loved for a 9AA Team to have been in the Boro but it didn't happen. Giles County -- you had a great run, and I'm sure you will be back. You have more talent on that team other than Tyler and you will be back.

As was posted earlier the attitude got the best of you. I have seen the cocky walk of Tyler for a few years and taking nothing from him as a player, I felt that attitude would catch up to the whole team eventually and it did.

BTW --did wneely get killed in the aftermath -- I can't belive he hasn't posted something

Dwolford...talk to me about winning big games when SouthSide gets drilled in the state...it is going to happen, then we can say they don't deserve it. Your post is garbage. For a team to make it as far as Sycamore, Giles County, Corey Brewer High School and have an unfortunate night, then someone like you tell them that they didn't deserve to make it to the state is a disgrace to high school basketball. Like the old saying goes...Anyone can be beaten on any given night. It happened to at least two of the schools mentioned above. You guys can talk all the smack you want about Tyler, everyone knows he has an attitude, but when it is all said and done, he will be the one we watch on Saturday and hear Dick Vitale say, "He's awesome BABY!!!!".

Tyler is good -- no doubt -- but at the the next level they are all good. He won't be the king of the hill/court. He will be the one climbing that hill for a while and the attitude had better stay in Giles County -- He will need a new one for the college game. He had beeter learn to be a little humble for a while or someone will tone him down.

The smack that is talked on this board is unreal. Most people watch Dick Vitale on ESPN, played freshmen ball somewhere, or go to a school that has a great player and they think they know about basketball. Some people have no idea what they are talking about, but they write crazy posts anyway.